Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to our weak Canadian $ exhange of 40%, I had to travel to Las Vegas to save some shipping fees to get the above items. Please don't take me for a RED NECK or as they say here a NEWFIE (newfoundlander)>:)>:)>:):nerd::nerd:

While in Vegas next week, I though I would take advantage and order the above Items and surprise my ROSSO with these parts. I think its a good combination. But hey, 164HP +another 5HP with the V1 and total 169HP and FGB DV+ would maintain a good the heart beat of my turbo. Now Chris get those items to Vegas.

Reactions: Jon and Redtoys

·
Registered
79 Posts
Does the GFB change the sound of the factory diverter valve at all? The turbo noises that the car makes are terribly underwhelming, it's quite disappointing

·
Registered
57 Posts
Does the GFB change the sound of the factory diverter valve at all? The turbo noises that the car makes are terribly underwhelming, it's quite disappointing
Your best bet is to buy an atmospheric bov or a bov plate that is put on in combination with the dv. That creates the "whoosh" sound. The stock intake and stock exhaust is also very restrictive. Buying an open air intake system would significantly free up your system and you will be able to hear your turbo spool. Buying a larger exhaust also will allow the same thing. ?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it will be a tight fit for both, but which one gets installed first. tia

·
Vendor
3,334 Posts
Install the GFB first. It does make the intake a bit of a pain to get on but it will fit. (they both use up a little bit of the extra room in that space).

The GFB doesn't really change the sound. For people that want more sound, I suggest either the Forge BOV that blows off to the atmosphere, or to combine the Forge BOV plate with a GFB. Either way, you will have some noise.

Greg

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The big hose on the V1 how hard is to disconect it. I didn't see any clamps but looks compressed into it. tia

Also did not take the K&N air filter with the V1, since Greg said it had no impact, I rather change the air filter every 18k km.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I would install the GFB DV+ first. I installed mine and the V1 is on the way. I had to undo the 2 - 10mm nuts on the wash container to get it out of my way.
I totally agree. I tried to put the DV+ on with the V1 in place. After finding much difficulty, I removed the V!, installed the DV+, then re-installed the V1. Much easier to cram the flexible V1 into the gap than the rigid DV+.

Reactions: Greg
1 - 8 of 8 Posts