Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I just placed an order for a 2018 Lusso, Rosso w/ Saddle and MT. I'd buy a 2017 if my dealer could find one but he said it's a Unicorn!

I've got plenty of time to get my 2003 S2000 sold. I've had it almost 13 years (bought w/ 7100k on it) and it's been great. But I'm ready for something new... With some torque :)! And maybe a little less frantic. I know I'll miss it, but I just fell in love with the 124!

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Congrats on the 124! Keep that S2000 if you can afford to have both.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Welcome. I also tried to find a Lusso with saddle interior, but could not find one other than the special edition. That was in August. I was told that if I wanted to wait for the saddle interior with some other color than electric blue, I would have to wait until all the special editions were sold. My dealer still has not seen a car with saddle interior since.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Welcome. I also tried to find a Lusso with saddle interior, but could not find one other than the special edition. That was in August. I was told that if I wanted to wait for the saddle interior with some other color than electric blue, I would have to wait until all the special editions were sold. My dealer still has not seen a car with saddle interior since.
Here's one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Fiat-O...d8d626bb:g:Rv4AAOSw44BYjhgT&item=252746016443http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Fiat-Other-Lusso-/252746016443?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3ad8d626bb:g:Rv4AAOSw44BYjhgT&item=252746016443

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
Welcome to the forum...we will try to make the wait for your 124 easier...I am sure glad I jumped on my when I saw it(Rosso red with saddle interior)...don't understand why they don't make more cars with saddle interior as popular as it seems...

·
Registered
606 Posts
Did they confirm a price? I am interested to see how much they are raising the prices for 2018.

·
Registered
958 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm curious about the changes for 2018. Any insights from the ordering process? We've heard about a couple of new colors, anything else?

I guess you have to be familiar with the 2017s to spot the differences, but share whatever you noticed.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Thanks, but I don't need another car. I already have two Spiders.:)
:) I wish I could have gotten the saddle interior on my lusso but the black still is very classy.

Reactions: JFernald

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did they confirm a price? I am interested to see how much they are raising the prices for 2018.
They did not. My dealer is a small volume dealer and honestly didn't have much information. They took my deposit and entered the order (which is pending). I'm expecting 6-9 months. In the mean time, I still have the S2000 :)!

·
Registered
284 Posts
The days I miss my S2000 are few and far between. It was a fun car in its' day but you'll enjoy the 124 much more. The S2k was all in or nothing, which got old after awhile. The Fiat is happy zipping around town and you don't have to wring it out to have fun. The back end is happy to dance without risking life or doing a 360.

And if you like to tinker, much more stuff to play with. Honda did a good job with that car and most improvements unless serious $'s were spent, made it worse imo.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Once again I have to disagree the S is fine around town. You don't have to drive it like you stole it and having been all over North America in ours since 2003 it has been great. Besides it has more trunk space than the Spider :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello Bob,

No info on pricing. In fact my local (small) dealer didn't have any information at all. They just took my money and placed my order. Now it's wait and see what happens...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts