Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined a while back but just picked up my Abarth 124. I've had it for 3 days and I've racked up 300 miles of mountain driving already. I can't get enough of this little thing. I traded my 500 Sport Turbo in after driving the Abarth version. It was just a no brainer.

The catalyst to this decision was my new engine. I have a new built 1.4 MultiAir Turbo that was destined for the 500 but will now be going into the 124. I felt a 400 horsepower engine would be a bad match for the 500.

This is my old 500

Attachments

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Holy ****!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I second that! I'm really speechless
I thought the 1.4 could take 300HP, now 400HP will the axle and transmission able to take all that power and torque. This is torture. >:):eek::nerd:

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
My Charger is 470 hp, and weighs more than a ton more than the 124. 400 hp in the 124 is obscene LOL.

But seriously, keep us posted, this is crazy awesome.

·
Registered
207 Posts
As others have said,
WOW!
Keep us posted!
The tranni is good to around 350 in the previous gen NC miata ( which is what our Fiat is using) but I am not sure on where our rear diff is from and what it's rated for.

It's gonna be interesting!

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought the 1.4 could take 300HP, now 400HP will the axle and transmission able to take all that power and torque. This is torture. >:):eek::nerd:
400 only because it's a built bottom end and the head is ported to flow. I'm extremely sceptical of any 300 horsepower claims out of the stock engine. People talk a lot but there's no proof.

I'll strengthen whatever is necessary to get there.

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As others have said,
WOW!
Keep us posted!
The tranni is good to around 350 in the previous gen NC miata ( which is what our Fiat is using) but I am not sure on where our rear diff is from and what it's rated for.

It's gonna be interesting!
I've been wondering about the gear box. I read that it was essentially an NC Miata transmission. The 500 USA site says it's a C635 but that doesn't make ANY sense in my brain considering that transmission is used in FWD applications (Dodge Dart).

The diff is a whole other ball game. I'm really curious what it's limit is.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I think it's going to be a hot debate on the 1.4 multiair 300HP . If you modify the ECU,intake, exhaust, COIL and plugs you are almost there and what I have read the 1.4 multiair is almost a bullet proof engine. Mind you at this point I rather get the GULIA engine in there. LOLI think such debates are healthy for own knowledge, where not ideas but facts are presented.

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it's going to be a hot debate on the 1.4 multiair 300HP .
I think such debates are healthy for own knowledge, where not ideas but facts are presented.
Fair enough. I just don't think there's much to debate until someone blows one up and shows some data. I drove my big turbo 500 around at 260 on a daily basis and it survived but that's still 40 hp away from 300. It blew up 4th gear in a C510 at around 280 whp but that was on E85. A ported head and/or a cam MIGHT be able to reliably do 280-300 on E85 but pump gas... I'd be very skeptical.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts