·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
Isn't our key fob made by Mazda? Let us know if it fits.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
agree!

Isn't our key fob made by Mazda? Let us know if it fits.
Pretty sure you are right. That reminds me... I have a 2014 Mazda CX-5 and yep the fobs look alike. I figured for a few dollars...why not try.;)

I'll keep inquiring minds apprised.

Reactions: LongBeachJim

·
Super Moderator
1,281 Posts
Considering my record for losing stuff, since this is a keyless system, I'd consider getting "chipped" . When I'm on the water I'm always hiding the fob somewhere since I never take it with me. I kayak, and expect to get in the drink.
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
676 Posts
Reactions: colmfmurphy

·
Registered
726 Posts
Considering my record for losing stuff, since this is a keyless system, I'd consider getting "chipped" . When I'm on the water I'm always hiding the fob somewhere since I never take it with me. I kayak, and expect to get in the drink.
Best regards
Pete
Getting "chipped" under the skin (which I had done to my Poodle in case he gets lost) would be so cool and convenient! Also, since I don't trade cars often I wouldn't have to worry about excessive scaring, lol.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Getting "chipped" under the skin (which I had done to my Poodle in case he gets lost) would be so cool and convenient! Also, since I don't trade cars often I wouldn't have to worry about excessive scaring, lol.
wow, did any of you read 1984 when you were a child. actually volunteering to be chipped and your every movement tracked..... for the sake of convenience...

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha. We went from a sticker on a key to big brother watching!! Scary. Hahaah

Reactions: Seagas

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CHINA came through!! See the picture below. The fiat one is a bit different as it has little tabs and curves around the fob to sit more flush. It also uses sticky back tape to secure it. The Abarth is metal and has a plastic tape on it to protect it and the sticky tape seems super strong. I used a knife to pry out the existing and the same knife to hold the new Abarth logo. Made it easier to line it up even.

ALOHA!

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I do like those

The fob still says FIAT, but I found these fob 'wallets'? I guess you can call them. Considering everything is keyless entry/ auto lock I never take it out unless my alarm is going off.
before I go searching, can you tell me where you found them? and, they're not as expensive as those miata keyfobs are they?

·
Registered
158 Posts
before I go searching, can you tell me where you found them? and, they're not as expensive as those miata keyfobs are they?
I got them off of AliExpress, but I just looked and this exact one is unavaiable. But a "Abarth Fob Wallet" search gave me 5 or six other options that look pretty good. They cost me $15 buck each, shipped, and took about 4 weeks to get to me. I'm sure Ebay or Amazon have options too. They're out there, just keep looking until you find something you like!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Best regards
Pete
How are you transporting your kayak with the Spider? I would love to see that rack system! Kidding aside, I am a sea kayaker and I have a Pelican dry box that I put my keys, wallet, and cell phone into. I call the box my "Man Purse" and I store it in the day hatch.

In case you are wondering, i am not using the Spider to haul my 18' sea kayak... I use the 500 for that!

Reactions: SJWhiteley

·
Registered
47 Posts
Reactions: Mike34

·
Super Moderator
1,281 Posts
My boat is a 10ft inflatable. It deflates into a pretty manageable bundle with room to spare.
Best regards
Pete

·
Super Moderator
1,281 Posts
Big fan of that book

wow, did any of you read 1984 when you were a child. actually volunteering to be chipped and your every movement tracked..... for the sake of convenience...
Yes, but it's just a car chip. No way I'd have any GPS type chip ever put in me. I've seen all the trouble cellphones can bring on TV!
And I appreciate that this is a slippery slope.
Maybe we could get the car entry device in a water resistant band? That's a lot less ominous than my first idea!
:)
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
479 Posts
call me old fashioned, but I still use metallic objects that look like little knives. they slide into slots placed throughout the car. when placed into said slots if you twist the little "knives" doors magically open and engines come to life. these little knives are crazy. I use a different "knife" and it opens a door into this place with a refrigerator and tv. after some consideration, I think I may want to invest in the manufacture of these knives, I am sure they would catch on well and people would use them every day. I am sure they will in the future become commonplace items and people will use them for generations without any problems....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fob Logo

CHINA came through!! See the picture below. The fiat one is a bit different as it has little tabs and curves around the fob to sit more flush. It also uses sticky back tape to secure it. The Abarth is metal and has a plastic tape on it to protect it and the sticky tape seems super strong. I used a knife to pry out the existing and the same knife to hold the new Abarth logo. Made it easier to line it up even.

ALOHA!
Link?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 71 Posts