Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have been trying to find a place to get a second key and fob made for my 2017 124 abarth. After having no luck on finding one in stock anywhere, I stumbled on this online....
@FiatCares —- any idea why our key fob is discontinued? How do I get one? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
This makes zero sense. I'd call the Fiat 1.800 customer service line and discuss this issue with them.

I'm PM'ing you with a link to a new one that's available for sale. There may be others out there, but this particular one stated that they've sold 4 and this is the last one they have in stock. Pricey though... :-(

Reactions: Dgaustin124

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
The operation of the vehicle depends upon an overpriced 50 cent computer chip that lives in my pocket, that they ("they" being Mazda and Fiat) have decided to stop making. And just how do they expect me/us to operate the vehicle when my current inventory of 2 fobs decide to die at some point in the future?

I love my car, I love the experience it allows me to have, but I'm really starting to wonder why I want to continue owning it. Hamstrung by a computer chip, what a great world we live in. Thanks, Fiat.

Steve.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
For sale. Fiat 124 Spider key fob. $17,999. With a bonus, comes with a free Fiat Spider!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Mopar's site seems sketchy sometimes. A year or so ago I was looking for something and half the parts there were shown as unavailable or discontinued. Days later I returned to the site and they were all back for sale. I've been a real gloomy Gus with regards to future parts availability, but even I can't believe that you couldn't get a replacement key fob for a car that is still in production. :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
The 2020 Miata has a new fob, so maybe the fiat will get it too as a replacement?

·
Banned
3,017 Posts
@FiatCares

Shouldn't a dealer provide a second fob free of charge?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Reactions: MiniDreamCar

·
Registered
157 Posts
Found a pic of the 2020 ND keyfob...courtesy of Hammtastic on the miata.net forum. Not a fan tbh

I'm sure there are new ones available somewhere on the interwebs.. but what usually happens when a manufacturer switches keyfob designs? Never really wondered about that until now

Attachments

·
Registered
806 Posts
Ameridan's site says the key fob is SKE13D-01 , same as the MX-5.

Reactions: depotdan

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey all, I have been trying to find a place to get a second key and fob made for my 2017 124 abarth. After having no luck on finding one in stock anywhere, I stumbled on this online....
@FiatCares —- any idea why our key fob is discontinued? How do I get one? Thanks.
View attachment 74329
Hello cadams155
We appreciate you reaching out to us. If you have not done so already, we do suggest connecting with your certified dealer as they would be the best place to assist regarding this manner.
Laura
FiatCares

@FiatCares
Shouldn't a dealer provide a second fob free of charge?
Hello MiniDreamCar,
If you purchased your Fiat new, your vehicle should come with 2 fobs. However, if your vehicle is used, then it is essentially up to your purchasing dealer how many fobs are provided.
Laura
FiatCares

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Now then.....My friend and neighbour owns a big Mercedes GLC or some such drug dealer looking vehicle, though he is 70 years old,doesn't wear shades or play that drum and beat stuff, anyway.....when he got, "The Beast" he said that it had keyless entry but the salesman offered to have it converted back to a key slot ? I will take a peek when next he cruises past me and report back with a photo, should it be the case....he told me that "they" just withdraw the button assembly and wire in a key assembly, so "if" that is the case then possibly....we could have a New original way of operating a sports car. Now there's a thing..... Cheers
ron

·
Registered
514 Posts
It's not just the keyless entry (which was always an option, therefore could perhaps be changed for key operated entry, or rather the key fob press to lock/unlock) but keyless start, for which there is no conventional key operated ignition switch...

·
Registered
5 Posts
it’s well known that some dealers (especially here in the UK) will deactivate the keyless entry due to thefts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The key fob is the same as has been used on every Mazda for the last who knows how long - I'm sure they'll be available for some time to come. People willing or able to program them on the other hand might be an issue.

Reactions: CXXIV

·
Registered
11 Posts
* I just noticed that this is an older post? *

You should be able to order one from QVerde OEM parts.
Just send Rene an e-mail with your complete vin-number and he should be able to source you one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
View attachment 74329
Why do you need a new one.Its identical to the Miata so get a Miata key fob or Mazda 3 All the same except the emblem

1 - 20 of 38 Posts