Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a problem with keys, coins, etc falling out out their pockets while sitting in their spider? I am always digging under the seat for stuff that’s fallen out.

·
Registered
2019 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
148 Posts
Does anyone else have a problem with keys, coins, etc falling out out their pockets while sitting in their spider? I am always digging under the seat for stuff that’s fallen out.
YES. I've since added a carbon fiber key fob cover to make the fob "chunkier." Resolved the problem for me.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sounds like you need to empty your pockets before entering.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Any modifications made to the 124 spider already 'empty your pockets'
Ain't that the truth. I'm testing my patience trying to pace out my future mods. If I give in to my impulses, it would not be good.

·
Registered
2019 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
148 Posts
Ain't that the truth. I'm testing my patience trying to pace out my future mods. If I give in to my impulses, it would not be good.
I feel this a lot lately, as well. Especially as I anticipate the warmer weather coming. Happens to me every year, and it's an exercise in patience...

·
Registered
2017 fiat 124 spider abarth
10 Posts
I kept loosing my key between the seat and the console haha. It was pretty annoying. Got myself a key strap so whenever it falls now i can just pick it up

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Deeper pockets help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Some pairs of pants do this, others don't. Try a different brand - Levi's are ok, some Costco jeans everything falls out in every car.

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
It's not so much pockets, but rather, the types of pocket. If your pocket style opens more vertically along the seam of your pantleg, or even diagonally, it's more of an issue. If your pocket openings are more parellel to your belt/waistband, then stuff falling out likely isn't an issue. Crazy when you have to consider your car when buying pants. lol

Of course there's always velcro and flaps... :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
When my car accelerates, nothing stays in my pockets. Whenever I enter the car I always put my pocket contents in the rear glove box.

Greg
Same here. Nothing in my pockets.

I'm still in good shape, but I just hate twisting around to get to the glove box between the seats. The cup holder(s) are in the way and it's dark so you cant find anything. They need to put a light in there.

I have an ultralight down coat and I put my key and very small wallet in the front pocket zip. I haven't been able to find a good spring jacket with the same feature. Come summer time I usually take them out of my pants pocket and tuck both in the small cubby to the left of the usb.

I keep the garage door opener in the deepest part of the armrest on top of a travel size tissue holder so it doesn't rattle around. I have the small iphone that sits on top of that and even with an otter box case it fits neatly with the armrest closed.

·
Registered
285 Posts
How much crap are you all carrying in your pockets? Wallet/phone goes in the front cubby left of the USB ports. Key/FOB goes in the center cubby.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts