Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, folks. Looking at the Konig Ampliform in dark metallic graphite and wondered how close of a color match it is to the Abarth mirror caps and windshield surround. In photos it looks like a close match, but if it's more than a shade or two off it'll trigger my OCD. :cautious:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I would say, pretty damned close, maybe slightly darker?. I have not put them right next to one another, and don't know what depth your OCD goes, but I believe you will be hard pressed to see a difference.

I like the color match, the design (I like the OEM Abarth and find these are the closest match) the width and overall how they look on the car.

·
Registered
301 Posts
This lighting is about the best I can do, but it's not an exact match.

Reactions: 68wooley

·
Registered
395 Posts
This lighting is about the best I can do, but it's not an exact match.
View attachment 81079
Those do look sweet. And that's a serious shine you've got there. Nice job all around.

I have the same car and I'm looking at the Konig Hypergram's but I'm not sure if I like the silver on the rims with the color of our cars.

If anyone happens to have that combo I'd love to see a picture. I have seen some pictures on Goodwin's site of Hypergrams on silver cars, just not the Abarth.

To the OP - don't mean to hijack your thread - apologies in advance.

·
Registered
631 Posts
It's a pretty good match, not perfect, but close enough that they don't stand out. I would take a photo, but my car is in winter storage.

·
Super Moderator
1,155 Posts
I always thought our stock Abarth wheels were darker than the gunmetal mirror caps, windshield surround and trim covers on the roll bar hoops. Those wheels work for me.
Best regards
Pete

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Abarth
74 Posts
I have the same car and I'm looking at the Konig Hypergram's but I'm not sure if I like the silver on the rims with the color of our cars.
Here's a picture of the gray color Hypergrams on my red Abarth. I considered the carbon/silver hypergrams because they are a bit lighter weight, but decided that the polished aluminum rim just wouldn't look right for me. This color is a closer match to the windshield trim than were the original wheels which were darker.
stripe.jpg

Reactions: Stillrollin
1 - 9 of 9 Posts