81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
124 Spider Vendor
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·

·
Registered
17 Posts
One of the choices back in stock today...fits Brembo!
Konig Hypergram 17x9 4X100 ET45 Matte Grey
Hi Brian, I just bought a 2019 124 Abarth with Brembo brakes and am looking for advice on wheels and tires. I had a 2007 MX5 GT PRHT and had put the Progress springs and sway bars on it. The Abarth will be a daily driver with an occasional trip to the North Carolina mountains. What would you recommend in wheel size, tire size, spacers or no spacers, springs, etc? I am considering the Konig Hypergram 17x8 with machined lip.

·
124 Spider Vendor
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Hi Brian, I just bought a 2019 124 Abarth with Brembo brakes and am looking for advice on wheels and tires. I had a 2007 MX5 GT PRHT and had put the Progress springs and sway bars on it. The Abarth will be a daily driver with an occasional trip to the North Carolina mountains. What would you recommend in wheel size, tire size, spacers or no spacers, springs, etc? I am considering the Konig Hypergram 17x8 with machined lip.
If you liked our Progress Springs on NC then indeed our Progress Springs for 124 will likely make you happy again. I would start with springs first and put some miles driving the results and come back to us with your impressions before doing the sways. You might want a little more flat with RoadsterSport Sways, or a lot more with our Progress Sways and driving the change you get with springs will help us answer that choice.

Note one interesting option we didn't have for your NC is our RoadsterSport Springs for Fiat 124. For those with factory Bilstein shocks these RoadsterSport Springs match really well and give higher rates and a bit less lowering. Results are so much more flat in the turns that you are less likely to come back for sways.

For most folks the easy plug and play choice is stock offset like those Hypergram 17x8 with 215/45 tire. The 225/45 tire is even more popular but you may get some rub on fender liner at full lock from the taller tire (particularly if running very aggressive Caster setting). I don't care about that rub of plastic fender liner since nobody drives at full steering lock and so our own Fiat 124 rides with 17x8 Hypergram and 225/45 for street fun.

Konig Hypergram 17x8 4X100 ET45 Carbon w/ Machined Lip

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
I noticed that you politely ignored the spacer issue Brian. I just do not understand the interest in this waste-of-money item. I’m not one for a “nanny state” but the prohibition of them in the EU and elsewhere is actually a good thing.
Best regards
Pete

·
124 Spider Vendor
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Indeed I think most should skip spacers. In stock 45mm offset and typical 17x8 and with 225/45 tire there is usually no room for spacer anyway, variables here include amount of negative camber and particular tire choice in that size. If customer went with smaller 215/45 tire on same 17x8 at 45mm offset then there is room for spacer but how much depends on the particular tire and amount of lowering and negative camber.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you liked our Progress Springs on NC then indeed our Progress Springs for 124 will likely make you happy again. I would start with springs first and put some miles driving the results and come back to us with your impressions before doing the sways. You might want a little more flat with RoadsterSport Sways, or a lot more with our Progress Sways and driving the change you get with springs will help us answer that choice.

Note one interesting option we didn't have for your NC is our RoadsterSport Springs for Fiat 124. For those with factory Bilstein shocks these RoadsterSport Springs match really well and give higher rates and a bit less lowering. Results are so much more flat in the turns that you are less likely to come back for sways.

For most folks the easy plug and play choice is stock offset like those Hypergram 17x8 with 215/45 tire. The 225/45 tire is even more popular but you may get some rub on fender liner at full lock from the taller tire (particularly if running very aggressive Caster setting). I don't care about that rub of plastic fender liner since nobody drives at full steering lock and so our own Fiat 124 rides with 17x8 Hypergram and 225/45 for street fun.

Konig Hypergram 17x8 4X100 ET45 Carbon w/ Machined Lip

Thanks Brian, so I'll order the Roadster Sport Springs to start. If I order the Hypergram 17x8 wheels for my daily driver occasional fun in the mountains, would you recommend the 215 or the 225 tires? Also, do you recommend a specific tire?

·
124 Spider Vendor
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Thanks Brian, so I'll order the Roadster Sport Springs to start. If I order the Hypergram 17x8 wheels for my daily driver occasional fun in the mountains, would you recommend the 215 or the 225 tires? Also, do you recommend a specific tire?
Our favorite pure street tire right now is Continental ExtremeContactSport, guaranteed plug and play is the 215/45/17 size on that 17x8 Hypergram.....but my choice is the 225/45 just knowing it might rub fender liner rarely in parking lot full steering lock turns.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Our favorite pure street tire right now is Continental ExtremeContactSport, guaranteed plug and play is the 215/45/17 size on that 17x8 Hypergram.....but my choice is the 225/45 just knowing it might rub fender liner rarely in parking lot full steering lock turns.
Brian,
On my stock 124 Abarth, can I mount newish (5K miles) Conti ECS's 205/45/17 on 17x8 Hypergrams?
I don't plan any other mods but will go to the wider Conti's down the road.

I bought the tires not knowing that I've have budget increase so soon. My gain, your gain ;)

tia

·
124 Spider Vendor
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Some shops will be shy about mounting that 205/45/17 on the 17x8. It can be done, but will look a little stretched with that tire. If it was a 200 treadwear or softer competition oriented tire the same listed 205mm wide would square up better because those tires tend to be wide for the listed size. For example, on the LEFT below is STOCK 205/45/17 tires....and on the right is 205/50/16 RE71R.

Thus, both tires are 205mm wide right? And given 25.4 mm per inch you have 8 inch wide tires in both stacks....yet the stack on right is more than 4 inches higher, a good inch per corner more effective width. Part of what you see is the racy RE-71R is beefy for it's listed size, and much of what you see is effect of just spreading that 8 inch wide tire on 8 inch wide wheel. (stock wheel just 17x7 pinches the stock tire slightly).

·
Registered
521 Posts
Understood. Thanks for the response

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
997 Posts
Ok I know this has nothing directly to do with wheels, but since I can’t PM vendors I had to find your most recent post. was wondering if the front strut brace you sell for the ND Miata can be used on the fiat 124? Likely the reason it’s not listed under both platforms is it’s not compatible but I love the design and had to ask to be sure. Thank you for your time. If this needs to be deleted that’s ok, and I apologize.

·
124 Spider Vendor
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
You can send us an email from our site, or call us.

Anyway you guessed right, our site organization is not an accident, only one of our shock tower braces manages to thread the needle between the two fluid containers under the hood on driver's side of Fiat 124. You can see it in the picture, that's a tight space and that's why only one brace shown in our Fiat section, all our other ND shock tower braces do not fit.

Cusco 3-Point Shock Tower Brace

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
997 Posts
Thank you Brian. Sorry I totally overlooked the direct contact method.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts