Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a mixed experience. My father had a 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth. It was kind of a farewell to friends for him. Houston to Taylor (Texas) to Memphis, then finally Indiana. He got to see friends from High School, and even his brother. We ended up driving straight-through from Indiana to Houston. Arriving home, he handed me the keys and said, "it is yours now."
I think he had the enjoyment he wanted out the the car and wanted it passed along. Since then, more than a few local drives, and my daughter using it to. Some projects (speakers don't work, paint fixes, printing cup holders) but I think he likes I am taking care of the car, and letting my kids enjoy it too.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Be watching for news of the 2022 Fiat Freakout - it is in the Woodlands this year!

By the way - NICE DAD!

PS: Fiat group in Houston: Gulf Coast Fiats - you can find them on Facebook.
124 Spider group for Texas: Lone Star Spiders: also on FB.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I thought this was a thread for me since I have one of last "old" 124 Spiders (a 1985½ Pininfarina SpiderEuropa aka Azzurra in the US) and one of the first "new" 124 Spiders (well, I did have a 2016 Anniversary but gave it back due to the paint problems and bought a 2017 Lusso Plus instead). So does that mean I have to pass both of them onto my two sons? I'd better hope they're not reading this 😱
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think he had the enjoyment he wanted out the the car and wanted it passed along. Since then, more than a few local drives, and my daughter using it to. Some projects (speakers don't work, paint fixes, printing cup holders) but I think he likes I am taking care of the car, and letting my kids enjoy it too.
What a lovely story, thanks for sharing. I hope you and your family can enjoy the car for years to come.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I thought this was a thread for me since I have one of last "old" 124 Spiders (a 1985½ Pininfarina SpiderEuropa aka Azzurra in the US) and one of the first "new" 124 Spiders (well, I did have a 2016 Anniversary but gave it back due to the paint problems and bought a 2017 Lusso Plus instead). So does that mean I have to pass both of them onto my two sons? I'd better hope they're not reading this 😱 View attachment 90205 View attachment 90206 View attachment 90208

Want to adopt me?

Reactions: Nathan
1 - 6 of 6 Posts