Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my amazing OZ wheels and tires from TR. installed them this morning in the rain. Took the car for a quick test ride to make sure balance was correct. Came back home , washed the car , moved my wife's car out of the garage. Put my car in and wiped it down. That's when I noticed a chip on one of the spokes. Immediately called TR and spoke to Abel in customer service. Explained everything. With zero compassion or personality, Abel told me they are considered used because I drove , , literally 1 mile on them and I can't prove that I didn't cause the damage. Obviously, I was upset and stated I have been using TR for 25 yrs, never a problem. He told me all he can do is maybe give me a small amount of money back. I will own up to the fact that I should have inspected the when I installed them, but the rain and the excitement got to me. So , when u get your wheels , check them before you install , because tire rack will not give you a new one. Sorry about the long post

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hmm, maybe try hitting up their social media and see if you get any response. I've only used TR one time and it was enough for me. Only received half my order (2 out of 4 wheels) and what I did receive was poorly packed and kind of banged up. Was like pulling teeth trying to get anything from them and eventually settled on a refund.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
I've imported 3 sets of tyres into Australia from TR and found them to be excellent to deal with. Sorry to hear about this bad experience.

·
Super Moderator
956 Posts
I'd escalate this issue. I've bought tires from them and had no problem, but this incident would dissuade me from a tire/wheel combo purchase. The installer f'd this up and fobbed-off the problem on you.
Good luck
Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts