Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone also have an issue with the surface of their Spider's leather seats (so far the left side bolster on driver's side only - presume from entry and exit) having worn through in spots? Mine is tan leather and I have two friends with the same issue (one tan leather one black) and the same issue was observed, but much worse, on the Spider being displayed at the 2017 Toronto International Auto Show.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Yup, I think it's partially because of the seat belt constantly touching the bolster when driving. I was able to fix mine with a bit of leather filler and dye, also purchased some seat belt pads to put over the portion that rubs the seat.

It's pretty obvious the leather in these cars are faux, as normal leather would not do this.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've had problems as well with my Prima. Mine is wearing on the left side towards the bottom of the upper part of the seat. Had it in to Fiat about 10 days ago, for service, they took pictures and were going to contact Fiat. I have not heard back from them yet.

·
Registered
479 Posts
on a black leather interior, the kiwi leather dye is a lifesaver. I have used it many times to hide scuffs on my steering wheels a and seats of quite a few cars. if the leather is already showing signs of wear on a 124, that sounds like a warranty item for FCA to address. I have a minor paint issue and am also waiting to hear from the warranty claim dept like phil above is...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts