Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since taking ownership of the Abarth 124 in a week, I've done just over 550kms with her :D

Driving has been awesome, but I noticed something odd the other day. When I'm stopped at the lights for a while, I notice that the LED DRLs are switched off, and turns back on when I go into gear. Is this normal behaviour?

·
Registered
255 Posts
yes. Mine turn off also.

From the owners manual:

Daytime Running Lights
(DRL)
The daytime running lights turn on
automatically when the vehicle starts
moving.
They turn off when the parking brake is
engaged or the gear selector is shifted
to the Park (P) position (if equipped with
automatic transmission).

·
Registered
727 Posts
When I was at Bondurant the other day, there was always a 124 completely stopped behind me, awaiting their turn for the course. I'd look through my rear view mirror. The DRL's were always on. Love the mean look of them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes. Mine turn off also.

From the owners manual:

Daytime Running Lights
(DRL)
The daytime running lights turn on
automatically when the vehicle starts
moving.
They turn off when the parking brake is
engaged or the gear selector is shifted
to the Park (P) position (if equipped with
automatic transmission).
Thanks for that - I must have looked over this in the manual. I also found that when I put the top down while driving, the radio cuts out for that brief moment when the roof engages. For the life of me, I wonder why.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
... the radio cuts out for that brief moment when the roof engages. For the life of me, I wonder why.
Yep, wierd. I could come up with a few speculative guesses, but few of them would make sense.

The only 'reasonable' guess is that it is supposed to chime at you that the hood is now not latched as a warning not to drive with it not securely fastened.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I also found that when I put the top down while driving, the radio cuts out for that brief moment when the roof engages. For the life of me, I wonder why.
I believe that only happens on the Bose versions, where there are supposed to be 2 different audio setups depending on top up/top down. Are you saying that it actually cuts out before switching?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Since taking ownership of the Abarth 124 in a week, I've done just over 550kms with her :D

Driving has been awesome, but I noticed something odd the other day. When I'm stopped at the lights for a while, I notice that the LED DRLs are switched off, and turns back on when I go into gear. Is this normal behaviour?
Im guessing that you have your lights set at AUTO. With the Upgraded headlamps, setting the lights to the second to last setting keeps the day time running lights on all the time without the main lamp.

·
Registered
476 Posts
speaking of headlights. the auto headlight settings sensitivity can be set high to low. when do they make them turn on sooner and when later?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also found that when I put the top down while driving, the radio cuts out for that brief moment when the roof engages. For the life of me, I wonder why.
I believe that only happens on the Bose versions, where there are supposed to be 2 different audio setups depending on top up/top down. Are you saying that it actually cuts out before switching?
Hi mate, yeah there is a noticeable silence / drop out the moment I latch the roof. I'll try switching off the Bose Autopilot to see if it makes any difference

·
Registered
150 Posts
speaking of headlights. the auto headlight settings sensitivity can be set high to low. when do they make them turn on sooner and when later?
If I remember correctly, the High setting means that they will come on earlier (with more ambient light visible). I ended up keeping it on Medium as that comes on about dusk area when I normally turn mine on.

·
Registered
476 Posts
thnx , one would think they might explain that someplace in manual but i didn't see anything, but i might have missed it too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts