Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I get just the headlight "ring" to illuminate? Is this function available on US models?
Thanks.........................

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good question. Per the manual they only turn on while in motion. I been meaning to ask someone to drive it to see if they do. While just parked I couldn't get them to be bright. Anyone confirm?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Not sure about the LED ring since I don't have the safety or luxury package. You can fool the system to see the daytime running lights by coming to a stop and leave the parking brake off while the engine is running. My wife stayed in the car with her hand hovering over the parking brake while I checked mine.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The rings illuminate with the headlights in the low beam position or the parking light position. The DRLs are on the inner portion of the headlights closest to the grill. (For cars with the led headlight option)
Would be nice if you could wire the rings as DRLs

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Maybe it's the luxury package, but the rings are DRLs and there does not appear to be a separate DRL on the inner portion. There's no bulb in there, anyway.

·
Registered
124 Posts
On my US spec Abarth with the luxury collection this is how the DRLs light up. Not sure if the set up is different in other regions.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Parking light position lights up rings only and with the headlights on, rings and low beams light up together

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Seth

How do I get my car to light up like the white abarth? I currently drive my car with auto on the light switch.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you want the ring light up without the headlamps in the premium collection lusso lamps, choos the second to last light setting with the twin lamp logo. Auto only shows when driving in the right conditions and full on lights all.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just curious.. has anyone been able to wire the ring as the DRL? Would be convenient

1 - 12 of 12 Posts