Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed my rear license plate bending, maybe from putting on and off my cover.

And i'm not about to put the dealer plate frame on there. uh uh.

So this is what i ordered. Anyone else care to share their license plate bracket? Found this one on ebay. I'll add a picture once i install it...

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Administrator
1,933 Posts
Here in Indiana, we have an optional American flag plate with the words "In God We Trust" written at the bottom. All of the covers I've tried cover up all or part of the words, so I just run mine without them.

However, to keep the plate from rattling or from bending, I have some extrude butyl rubber in a "rope" that I break pieces off of. It's kinda like silly putty but crazy tacky. Holds like glue but is flexible.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I don't like the looks of an unframed licence plate, so I installed the stainless steel Mopar Licence Plate Frames on both my Fiat 500 and 500L. They are very nice and well made. I will have a set for the 124 Abarth too, as soon as it gets here...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking about that one as well. Do you like how in looks in real life? Waiting on my plates still...
ill let you know and post a pic on the car as soon as i get it...left new hampshire yesterday, targeted arrival in el paso is tomorrow may 4

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The last one , large scorpions, is way too over the top on a car that already pushes it. I like the Italian flag colors. I'd go that way if price point matters, or wait another day for a picture of the abarth plate on my Russo (I think that's my just selected name for the abarth. Lol. Of course it's the color but Renee ain't so bad herself to name a car after eh?)

·
Registered
3,363 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I normally take off the dealer's advertising frame, spin it around backward and put it behind the plate, and remount the plate to the car. The dealer info is gone, and the perimeter of the license plate is stiffened up a bit. Very low profile and inconspicuous.

Steve.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Here it is. I love it....might get a few more pics in better light tomorrow but today was a bad day for Russo......

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts