Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yes I changed back to the halogens for the first picture. The second picture is with the LED bulb. The second picture was taken before the first picture. I have since switched back to the LEDs because the halogens were unbearably dim.
ok, I was just wondering because I noticed the difference in the mileages. sometimes people get the quotes on multiple pictures wrong and was just looking for confirmation..

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I didn’t have to make any modifications - I guess I lucked out with my bulb size on the fogs.

I’m interested in the surgery to remove that small metal piece though.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
These are the ones I received, I’ll be asking the dealer to install them, they shouldn’t have to make any modifications right?

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
I didn’t have to make any modifications - I guess I lucked out with my bulb size on the fogs.

I’m interested in the surgery to remove that small metal piece though.

Here’s a link:

Did some surgery on the fog lights... https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=1433355&share_tid=31896&url=https://www.124spider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31896&share_type=t

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
These are the ones I received, I’ll be asking the dealer to install them, they shouldn’t have to make any modifications right?
From the previous image, the length looks good. The front head diameter looks like it just might fit, but they do look larger than a stock bulb. Just have to try. Why not have a go at it yourself? I don't think the dealer will do any modifications; if it doesn't fit, they most likely will just say 'it doesn't fit'.

·
Registered
257 Posts
This looks nice but I don't think the halo LEDs are the DRLs. I have the halogens and from what I gather the DRLs are actually the high beams (dual filament??) And the halo rings are lit by the position lights. In the UK these are actually normal coloured and not orange.

I am tempted to change everything but I'd need to change the high beams for LEDs as these are the DRLs as well...this isn't as easy.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
This looks nice but I don't think the halo LEDs are the DRLs. I have the halogens and from what I gather the DRLs are actually the high beams (dual filament??) And the halo rings are lit by the position lights. In the UK these are actually normal coloured and not orange.

I am tempted to change everything but I'd need to change the high beams for LEDs as these are the DRLs as well...this isn't as easy.
You are indeed correct sir. With the stock halogen lights, the bulb that is used for the high beam, is also the bulb that performs the function of daytime running lights. One bulb with two output levels. The halos are just that... halos. My assessment is that the halos are purely cosmetic.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thanks for response!

So after some testing, in my EU Lusso with halogens, the halos ARE the sidelights.

Lights off = halo ON, DRL (high beam) ON
Lights position 1 = halo ON only
Lights positio 2 = low beam ON, halo ON

So I put some Nightbreakers in the H11 and led T10s in the halos. Not touching the high beam for now as finding H15 LEDs that will work isn't easy.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Thanks for response!

So after some testing, in my EU Lusso with halogens, the halos ARE the sidelights.

Lights off = halo ON, DRL (high beam) ON
Lights position 1 = halo ON only
Lights positio 2 = low beam ON, halo ON

So I put some Nightbreakers in the H11 and led T10s in the halos. Not touching the high beam for now as finding H15 LEDs that will work isn't easy.
Where did you find that description? The owners manual makes no reference to the halos, at least as far as I can see. We know they're on the car, but I can't find any documentation that actually talks about them.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
... Not touching the high beam for now as finding H15 LEDs that will work isn't easy.
The full beams / DRL's are 9005 / HB3, not H15 - at least in the US. But yes, finding LED's that work in there is tough - just made an expensive mistake finding that out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone tried the morimoto 2stroke in the drl/hibeam, or an equivalent?
their listed range for drl function is 4V-9V non-pulsed.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I have not, but am considering it. I think I’d probably go with the same version as the low beams to ensure the color matches.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Doesn't the Abarth get LED headlamps with the Visibility Group? How do they compare with the halogens?
It does, and its probably worth it. Aftermarket LED bulbs to replace halogens doen't really compare with a factory LED / HID setup. Not getting LEDs or Brembos are the two minor regrets I have from my purchase.

·
Registered
327 Posts
It does, and its probably worth it. Aftermarket LED bulbs to replace halogens doen't really compare with a factory LED / HID setup. Not getting LEDs or Brembos are the two minor regrets I have from my purchase.
Apologies for straying from lighting momentarily, but are the Brembos worth it? My Giulia already has red calipers.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts