Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
I did the same and have the same 'meh' opinion.

Thinking about these:

https://www.diodedynamics.com/9005-sl1-led-headlight.html

Website says it operates at full brightness for DRL...

I am so **** paranoid about aftermarket LED's they are absolutely beautiful, but I swear they caused idle issues on my previous cars form what I can only assume were the extra juice required of the battery. Im probably crazy, but my idle started to dip badly after I installed them. If anyone can refute my logic here, I am all ears.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Apologies for straying from lighting momentarily, but are the Brembos worth it? My Giulia already has red calipers.
Unless you are tracking it, the Brembos are an appearance / vanity addition. The stock brakes do a pretty good job - they just look meh.

Note you can add aftermarket Willwoods for the price (or less) of the Brembo package.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I am so **** paranoid about aftermarket LED's they are absolutely beautiful, but I swear they caused idle issues on my previous cars form what I can only assume were the extra juice required of the battery. Im probably crazy, but my idle started to dip badly after I installed them. If anyone can refute my logic here, I am all ears.
I had a full set of LED's in the front with no issues other than DRL's not working. I've since swapped the full beam / drl bulbs back to halogen, but everything else is still LED. No noted issues with idle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hey guys
I know this thread is a little old
but those hikari LED lights, do you still think they are good or should I consider somethign else?
and they are plug and play or will i need to drill and add a grommet?

·
Registered
703 Posts
hey guys
I know this thread is a little old
but those hikari LED lights, do you still think they are good or should I consider somethign else?
and they are plug and play or will i need to drill and add a grommet?
I've tested several brands of LED bulbs and the Hikari's are my favorite. They're not perfect but pretty close. The only thing that could've been better in my opinion is if they were 5000K color temp instead of 6000K. 6000K bulbs have a blueish tint that don't look right with cars that have retro styling cues; they make them look slightly rice. That said, the Hikari's have the most subtle blue tint of all 6000K LED bulbs I've tried. There are 5000K LED bulbs out there but the majority of them are crap in terms of light output.

Another one I would recommend are XenonDepot HIDs https://www.xenondepot.com/H11-HID-Kit-Xtreme-HID-p/xt-h11.htm
For these you have the option of getting 5000K bulbs which look gorgeous on the 124. The downside with these is that they provide slightly less visibility than the Hikari's and being HIDs they need a few seconds to warm up. However, they are brighter than the crappy 5000K LEDs I mentioned.

Almost all LEDs and HIDs for the low beam are plug and play, but for LEDs you do have to rotate them to the correct angle or you'll end up with a halo around your beam.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks for this thread! Just installed head and fog lights, and it looks so much better and brighter.
Now I just need to convert all other lights to LED's)))

41 - 47 of 47 Posts