Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Breyton RACE GTSR-mini 7x18 (Silver, black, gunmetal...) = 17,2lbs (7,8kg)
OZ Ultraleggera 7x18 (Silver, black, gray) = 16,75lbs (7,6)

weighed by myself.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Thanks, exactly what I want, but shipping to the US is probably crazy expensive.
Maybe - but Performance Alloys are huge in the UK and so their shipping rates are not too exxy....I'd hazard a guess at about $60/wheel

And remember as you are in the US you get these wheels ex VAT (take 20% off)

But if were you I would first ask Tire Rack if they could get the 18" in

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, checked tire rack. Not to fond of there choices. The one wheel they have that I like weighs 22lbs a wheel.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Thanks, checked tire rack. Not to fond of there choices. The one wheel they have that I like weighs 22lbs a wheel.
Whoops what i meant to say was ask TR if they can get the Ox Racing Ultraleggeras in the 18 inch (they stock the 17 inch)

And yep - the bigger the wheel the greater they weight

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I asked. I have the 17 OZ in bright silver. They said they cannot get the 18 in silver. They have black , bronze and grey.

·
Registered
480 Posts
is there a reason behind your decision to go with an 18 inch wheel? as stated before, they will be heavier than the 17 inch selections in the same style. also there would probably be less options on tires. with the fact these are light weight cars and the tires are pretty low profile the handling characteristics should not be much of an improvement, due to the lack of sidewall deflection which is already exhibited by the 17's.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I already have 17 rims. I don't feel the need to explain, but I prefer the look.
I get that ......but here is the thing with Oz Ultraleggera - their spokes go out all the way to the edge of the rim giving the look of being larger than they are. I had a loan car with these and I swore that they were 18" - I was wrong. The other wheels I was considering all had the spokes well within the rims, making them look smaller than their diameter

That is why I think I have settled on the Oz Racing @ 17in

·
Registered
480 Posts
I already have 17 rims. I don't feel the need to explain, but I prefer the look.
aesthetics is a good enough reason. I was just wondering why. sometimes someone else has some insight which I may not have thought of and I am open to hearing others' opinions and ideas for improving something....

·
Registered
39 Posts
@GarchingS54 I really like the look of the wheels on the white Spider. Can you please let me know the name of the wheel manufacturer? I see the OZ on the first car but I can't see the second car. Also, how are you finding the performance and feel of the car with 18" wheels? Is it a harsh feel? Any problems with wheel rubbing?

·
Registered
449 Posts
First and second are the 7x18 OZ Ultraleggera - I sold my OZ to the owner of the brown spider. ;)

Rims on the last picture are the Breyton RACE GTS-R mini in 7x18 and yes. 18" are not as comfortable as 17" but my wife loves them and has no problems with the ride quality. The Spider is also lowered with coilovers. No rubbing even with spacers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
@GarchingS54 Thanks for the feedback! Do you see any downside to running 18" wheels?
I believe your tires are 205 40 18. Did you consider also going with 215 40 18?
The Hyper silver really look great on your car. I have a black Abarth. In your opinion, which colour do you like for the Abarth? The Black and Grey look a little dull in photos.

Brenton doesn't seem to have a distributor in Canada but I could have them shipped for Germany.

Danke!

·
Registered
449 Posts
The Breytons are made for the Mini Cooper and are very common.
They are available in 3 different colors with and without red undercut.

On a black Abarth the black version with red undercut could be cool. ;)
Like the 7x17 "Ultraleggera with red border sticker.

Silver 7x18 Ultraleggera

205/40 fits perfectly with the 7x18 - I do not like the meaty look on thick tires. Especially not on 18 "

but don´t forget to lower the car. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts