Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am confused about the availability of live traffic on the infotainment system. I have a 2018 Lusso with the Navagation and Sound Group (Bose speakers, XM radio and shark fin). My nav maps are up to date with the August 2021 update.

I checked the option for traffic on the system settings (not historical traffic). Looking at other posts and ameridan's site, I cannot tell whether live traffic works or does not work for US/North American sourced cars. I know from other posts that the manual for the infotainment system is erroneous. Live traffic seems to be available in the UK. I certainly don't know how to activate it on my car if its there lurking dormantly. So is it there or not? If it is, please give me directions on how to activate the service.

Thanks.

·
Registered
573 Posts
It's not available in NA.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kain!

·
Registered
2018 Abarth
130 Posts
The salt in the wound comes from the car can, in fact, receive traffic data broadcasts. Firmware 70+ adds a live traffic map in the Applications menu. Your-deity-of-choice only knows why this data doesn't pass through to the navigation... 😣

·
Registered
789 Posts
It's because we have to overwrite Mazda's navigation software with Fiat's most recent version (59), so that the internal VIN check portion is compatible, to allow the SD card to work.
I feel like I’m on the bridge of the Enterprise and Picard just asked Data a question.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts