Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The person who had ordered an Aluminum Abarth with Brembos, Recaros & the Luxury Collection option backed out of the deal today, just after the car arrived at the dealer. The salesman I am buying my Red one from just told me about it and I thought I would let everyone here know in case someone is looking for one. Let me know ASAP and I will put them in contact with him since odds are it will sell quickly (with no markup over MSRP).

Email me directly if you prefer: [email protected]

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
The person who had ordered an Aluminum Abarth with Brembos, Recaros & the Luxury Collection option backed out of the deal today, just after the car arrived at the dealer. The salesman I am buying my Red one from just told me about it and I thought I would let everyone here know in case someone is looking for one. Let me know ASAP and I will put them in contact with him since odds are it will sell quickly (with no markup over MSRP).

Email me directly if you prefer: [email protected]
Hey Bob...is it an auto or manual for those interested...

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Manual, I tried to upload the window sticker but it is too larger but email me and I will send it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree since there are very few with these options. Before I found mine at the same place I contacted the 6 dealers nearest me and all were either pre-sold or marked up, which this one is not. Actually it was pre-sold, up until tonight when the person that ordered it backed out.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If someone is looking for an Aluminum, manual Abarth with Brembos and Recaros but without the Luxury Collection option I know of 2 identical cars; both have VIN#s so they'll be here soon. PM me and I will fill you in - both will be in central Florida.

·
Banned
425 Posts
If someone is looking for an Aluminum, manual Abarth with Brembos and Recaros but without the Luxury Collection option I know of 2 identical cars; both have VIN#s so they'll be here soon. PM me and I will fill you in - both will be in central Florida.
That's what I got! There was a black Abarth equipped that way in Toledo last week with a healthy discount as well.

·
Banned
425 Posts
Reactions: karmatourer

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The 2 Aluminum Abarths, manuals with Brembos & Recaros, are in-bound to Daytona Fiat. Kevin Kohl is the contact ([email protected]) and tell him Bob Z. referred you. As I said earlier, I did not buy my car from there nor, but almost did, but if I can help someone find what they are looking for I am happy to do so.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There was a manual NERO Black abarth with Brembos and Recaro seats in Toledo Ohio. http://www.fiatusaoftoledo.com/exoti...0372b18812.htm For $ 3,800 off of MSRP! Net price of $28027!
So yes at Yark.
That is the "Employee Price" and if you are not an employee you will pay more. Also, there is only a $500 Fiat Incentive now so the extra $1k they are including must be some kind of loyalty incentive that most will not get. And I bet they have a dealers fee as well so only a very small number of people would be able to buy the car with that discount.

·
Banned
425 Posts
That is the "Employee Price" and if you are not an employee you will pay more. Also, there is only a $500 Fiat Incentive now so the extra $1k they are including must be some kind of loyalty incentive that most will not get. And I bet they have a dealers fee as well so only a very small number of people would be able to buy the car with that discount.
Every time I post something like the ad from the dealer, that you are responding to, I get push back. I am guessing many of our members are dealers or related? I dunno about not getting that price. I got mine for $29,250 plus tax and title. with .9% 36 month financing.The financing saved me much more than an additional $1200. The price also included 1 yr finish protection, inside and out, windshield repair, paintless dent repair, free lost key replacement, cosmetic wheel repair, road hazard insurance for the tires, and complimentary roadside assistance. The dealer markup is way more than people think. On a more mainstream car, like a Ford, if you don't get 15% off MSRP atleast, you aren't even trying.
My car is identical BTW, except for the color. Not many manual abarths out there and this is the only other one I have seen with Brembos and recaros.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Every time I post something like the ad from the dealer, that you are responding to, I get push back. I am guessing many of our members are dealers or related? I dunno about not getting that price. I got mine for $29,250 plus tax and title. with .9% 36 month financing.The financing saved me much more than an additional $1200. The price also included 1 yr finish protection, inside and out, windshield repair, paintless dent repair, free lost key replacement, cosmetic wheel repair, road hazard insurance for the tires, and complimentary roadside assistance. The dealer markup is way more than people think. On a more mainstream car, like a Ford, if you don't get 15% off MSRP atleast, you aren't even trying.
My car is identical BTW, except for the color. Not many manual abarths out there and this is the only other one I have seen with Brembos and recaros.
Thanks for posting. This is useful info, everyone should keep it up. Being an informed consumer has no down-side. They make pricing more complicated than it needs to be. If this clar were White, I'd already be sending deposit. I emailed dealer for non-employee price, be interesting to see what they come back with. My local dealers only have auto Abarths.

·
Banned
425 Posts
Thanks for posting. This is useful info, everyone should keep it up. Being an informed consumer has no down-side. They make pricing more complicated than it needs to be. If this clar were White, I'd already be sending deposit. I emailed dealer for non-employee price, be interesting to see what they come back with. My local dealers only have auto Abarths.
Thanks. Make him an offer for the price he has listed, and niggle from there. I bet you can get it. Ohio dealers always have a document fee. It is almost always $250. Why? Because in Ohio $250 dollars is the most the law will allow. Do they need to charge it? No.
I got an offer once and the sales guy forgot to list the document fee. The finance guy, the sales manager, and service manager whined at me for an hour about how the salesman made a mistake and they would have to take it from his commission, yada, yada, yada. I said look, I understand mistakes, I make them, and when I do there is often a cost I have to pay. They finally relented. On the way out, I saw the owner, recognized him from commercials, I said "Sorry about the kid making a mistake, but an offer is an offer." He said "The $250 dollars?" and laughed, "Forget about it and thanks for your business. Enjoy your new car."

·
Banned
112 Posts
I appreciate you posting the info.
I took the time to call and the only discount applied is the $500 Fiat discount. Why they post an "Employee Discount" (FCA) is beyond me. Sure,.00001% qualify for that in general and possibly .00002% in the Midwest due to mfg. plants.
Hope you enjoy your Guzzi GS.

·
Banned
425 Posts
I appreciate you posting the info.
I took the time to call and the only discount applied is the $500 Fiat discount. Why they post an "Employee Discount" (FCA) is beyond me. Sure,.00001% qualify for that in general and possibly .00002% in the Midwest due to mfg. plants.
Hope you enjoy your Guzzi GS.
I understand what you are saying. but I telling you, that is his starting position. He has offered you only the FIAT incentive. Did he mention FIAT offers veterans an additional $1000 incentive? Did he ask if you owned any Chysler products because that qualifies you for a "loyalty" incentive from FCA of another $500?
And none of those begin to touch the dealer margin. He hasn't offered you one nickel! I have sold stuff for a long time. The commission on products where you only take the order and send it to a factory and don't have to provide a building, or display area or support people, or do the billing, or any paperwork pay at least a 5% and usually closer to 10% commission.
While dealers don't have the expense like distributors of having to buy cars and then sell them, the cars on the lot are on "consignment" from the manufacturer and still owned by FCA, with all the other things dealers have to provide, showrooms, lot space, service departments, prep the cars, dealing with warranties and complaints, not to mention all the other selling expenses, their margin has to be at least 25% and more likely 35% or they would go broke. On hard to find, for now, cars like ours, they can hang on to more of that, but getting him to cough up a 1/3 ($2,300-$2,600) of the $7000 or $8000 he is making on the car, is not that hard. Now if you wait until spring, it will be tougher because he will figure that plenty of prospective buyers will be on the lot.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I am not sure why you call my information "push back" since what I am posting are just the facts, as someone else verified when they contacted them. Dealers often advertise the best possible deal, that most will not be able to get so everything that you post, as well as from myself, helps those here that are shopping for a car. And there are many manual Abarths out there, and several with Brembos and Recaros as well. Prices vary around the country along with what dealers are getting and again, supply & demand, and if someone gets a "real" good deal they should share it since it may help some negotiate. But as the old saying goes, if it seems to be good to be true it probably is.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts