Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done any local car shows yet? One of my neighbors stopped me today to admire the Abarth, and then told me about a monthly local car show, Cars & Coffee Palm Beach, and said I should bring the car there. So I reached out to the organizer and he said absolutely. I was concerned my stock Abarth would be a bit out of place with all the exotics and custom cars (it is Palm beach after all). They assured me no and pointed me to the Fiat of Florida club and said they usually attend the gatherings. So I found the Fiat group and reached out and they were sooo excited to have a 124 Abarth to join them at the show. Said they hadn't had one there yet in person. Should be a fun time getting to talk about the car and hopefully meet some new people who appreciate the car as much as we do!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a wonderful time we had. Found another Abarth (it was like a separated at birth experience, too many coincidences in our lives). It was a HUGE local show, We were there with the 500 Abarths, their owners were so nice and made us feel like part of the family. I can't tell you how much fun it was, so many people came by and wanted to talk about the 124. If you are interested in seeing pictures from the show, you can find some on facebook. You will see one of the albums (John Osorio Part 2) has a picture of my baby https://www.facebook.com/events/164..._plan_mall_activity&notif_id=1487443959586324. Here's a couple of pics from the day, I love the "lunchline" of the Abarths.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking good. I wish I could have been there to see them side by side, I'm still trying to figure out if I want white or aluminium

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking good. I wish I could have been there to see them side by side, I'm still trying to figure out if I want white or aluminium
It's tough even side by side. The aluminum was my backup choice. I love my perla, and it stands out more with the stripe, but the aluminum is so classic and beautiful. Can't go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have much love for the Argento, but your Perla looks absolutely gorgeous!!

I have been attending Cars N' Coffee meets in Nashville since 2009; we started in a small Starbucks parking lot, and a Ferrari 360 was considered a momentous occasion. Now, the event has grown to over 500 vehicles, and it's not uncommon to have two 918 Spyders parked straddle of a Bugatti Veyron, sitting across from an Aventador SV, which is parked beside an Enzo.

And yet...

You feel just as welcome in your car, because all walks of the hobby are represented there. Primered Civics, to Triumphs, to Jeeps, to the Mini Cooper Crowd, 100 or so muscle cars, and the ever-popular exotic crowd.

C&C is one of the events I look forward to each and every month. Great times with like-minded folks. Can't beat it :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I have much love for the Argento, but your Perla looks absolutely gorgeous!!

I have been attending Cars N' Coffee meets in Nashville since 2009; we started in a small Starbucks parking lot, and a Ferrari 360 was considered a momentous occasion. Now, the event has grown to over 500 vehicles, and it's not uncommon to have two 918 Spyders parked straddle of a Bugatti Veyron, sitting across from an Aventador SV, which is parked beside an Enzo.

And yet...

You feel just as welcome in your car, because all walks of the hobby are represented there. Primered Civics, to Triumphs, to Jeeps, to the Mini Cooper Crowd, 100 or so muscle cars, and the ever-popular exotic crowd.

C&C is one of the events I look forward to each and every month. Great times with like-minded folks. Can't beat it :)
I just wrote a review for them online and said almost the exact same thing. There is something for everyone, from everyday driver to one of a kind exotics. I was so wary of going with my stock 124. I had people around it the entire time, asking questions, admiring. Plus I got to meet some other Fiat owners and found a new BFF. If there is a Cars & Coffee near you, you should absolutely go!

I'm frantically trying to get my wilwood brakes installed in time for the next one!

Reactions: ForzaFiata

·
Registered
25 Posts
Houston's version is huge. Cars all over the place. Loads of people. Met some Abarth owners. told me about the 3rd Annual Twisted Sisters Fiat run in June. Sign up begins in March.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts