Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found this picture of our engine, and I noticed the OIL Plug is approx. 1 to 2 inches above the bottom of the pan... is this correct???
If so, then draining the oil by removing the plug is not fully efficient ..correct? Maybe, the oil extraction process would be more efficient, since the tube would reach all the way down to the bottom of the pan, unlike the plug, if this picture is correct.

I have not done an oil change yet, but I know some of you have. Can you verify that this picture is correct or incorrect.

If it is correct, then I might just buy an extractor, so that I would be able to get as much oil out as i possible can.

Thanks for all replies.... Cyberbill, Austin,

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What...

Ahm, I don't think that's the drain plug. I'm not sure what that is.

Greg
The hole at the bottom of the engine has to be the place for the oil plug, since the is a picture of the Front of the engine, and that is where the oil plug is located.

Greg... what am i missing???

Bill.:confused:

·
Registered
351 Posts
The hole at the bottom of the engine has to be the place for the oil plug, since the is a picture of the Front of the engine, and that is where the oil plug is located.

Greg... what am i missing???

Bill.:confused:
I think that picture is for the transverse mounted engine for front wheel drive. If so, the oil plug would be located under that semicircular cutout on the left side of the pan.

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
I don't know Bill, I only changed oil in this car once so far. I don't remember the drain plug being that far up, maybe it was. I know pure made a thread about his oil change, perhaps he posted a picture.

Greg

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't find the pics??

I just googled it and there are a few pics under images for "oil drain plug location on 2017 fiat 124 spider" .
Hi, when I googled that , I get a lot of pics of the transverse mounted 500, and not the 124.
Does anyone have a decent pic of the front of the 1.4 showing the oil pan and plug?.
Thanks ,
Cyberbill:confused:

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
I can't fine one, and most of what I find when I google it, is the oil change article I wrote myself for the 500 Abarth.

Greg

·
Registered
444 Posts
Without looking under the car myself (no longer have it) I assume the "hole" under the main crank pulley is for a temperature sensor that may or may not be fitted according to application.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Ahm, I don't think that's the drain plug. I'm not sure what that is.

Greg
I can confirm that that is not the drain plug.

·
Banned
112 Posts
I can't fine one, and most of what I find when I google it, is the oil change article I wrote myself for the 500 Abarth.

Greg
This will help next time you search for an image. After you get the search results,at the top it says All Images Videos Shopping. Click on images and all you'll see are images. Your article won't be there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts