Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sports mode of the Abarth should give a more relaxed DSC to make more oversteer possible.
In the Fiat the DCS can be turned off, but that is not desirable for all situations (and drivers). Can the DCS in a Fiat 124 be loosened too?

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
2,523 Posts
The is a DSC button on the left side of the dash. It is only a momentary push for On/Off. It is not like the 500 where you can either press for semi-off or hold for 10sec to turn fully off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems I have to refrase my question:
Can the strictness of the DSC in a Fiat 124 be tuned in the same way as the motor characteristics can be changed with chip tuning? Or is there a different methode?

·
Registered
89 Posts
It seems I have to refrase my question:
Can the strictness of the DSC in a Fiat 124 be tuned in the same way as the motor characteristics can be changed with chip tuning? Or is there a different methode?
No - The Tuning for the DSC is not currently adjustable with any of the vendors. Should you turn it off, it will enable itself should you exceed its limits (Car detects an issue, generally by wheel speed sensors).

·
Registered
2017 124 Classica
379 Posts
I would suspect that the #1 activity for which an additional level of "Off" would be useful on this particular platform would be drifting. And TBH a small 4 cylinder multiair turbo that's prone to having detonation and oiling issues when running with excess heat and RPM would not hold up long to that kind of treatment.

Reactions: Ido

·
Registered
359 Posts
Should you turn it off, it will enable itself should you exceed its limits (Car detects an issue, generally by wheel speed sensors).
Really?

·
Registered
89 Posts
yeap - But the limit really only comes into play in dumb or extreme situations - We've seen an ND (same TC system) unload all 4 over a bump, causing the car to think it was in an accident - Christmas tree dash and it dialed 911. Normally, if you spin the car out it will turn the TC back on.

No issues with "drifting" the car is happy to maintain slip with the OEM traction off.

·
Registered
359 Posts
yeap - But the limit really only comes into play in dumb or extreme situations - We've seen an ND (same TC system) unload all 4 over a bump, causing the car to think it was in an accident - Christmas tree dash and it dialed 911. Normally, if you spin the car out it will turn the TC back on.

No issues with "drifting" the car is happy to maintain slip with the OEM traction off.
Never knew that was a feature - I drive with TC off most of the time and never managed to get it to turn itself back on, even when being quite silly - I will have to try harder, clearly!

Will let you know how I get on ... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Jronald

·
Registered
89 Posts
Never knew that was a feature - I drive with TC off most of the time and never managed to get it to turn itself back on, even when being quite silly - I will have to try harder, clearly!

Will let you know how I get on ... ;)

Imagine if you tried to drive away from that, TC would have turned itself back on :)
It will let you spin out, but then turn itself on after.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts