Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2018 Spider 124-Lusso. One drive and I was hooked. What's crazy is my first car as a teenager was a Fiat Sport Spider ('69 or '70). It has been a dream to drive! Would like to do some mods once this pandemic is behind us. Looking forward to connecting in the forum and with anybody in the Phoenix area.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Welcome fellow Lusso owner.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Welcome - I do like that color.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
One drive and you were hooked........mine was Love at first sight ! Welcome, there is lots to study whilst we sit out this horrible Worldwide disease, take a look at "Brexit Mods" if you want some ideas as I have recorded a diary of sorts there.....Loads of threads that really assist you and don't forget to also have a study of 21st Century 124 Spider site, it is clear and precise, giving you so much information in one place. Had my Spider one year now and still "Bursting with Energy" about it. I too saw my first RED Fiat 124 Spider in in 1969-70 and stood still as it passed, no way could I afford such a Italian Sports car at aged 18 years, but I did go on to buy and enjoy a series of MGB & GT, Spitfire and others since about aged 21 years. I owned 2 x MX5 NB's over 5 years and loved them both but the 124 Spider, has the Italian looks, the Mazda build reliability and is just so easy to work on. Get out your pen and paper, make lists and priorities so that "when" the All Clear finally sounds you are ready and prepared for action. You WILL enjoy and be Proud of having done it, Cheers
ron

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One drive and you were hooked........mine was Love at first sight ! Welcome, there is lots to study whilst we sit out this horrible Worldwide disease, take a look at "Brexit Mods" if you want some ideas as I have recorded a diary of sorts there.....Loads of threads that really assist you and don't forget to also have a study of 21st Century 124 Spider site, it is clear and precise, giving you so much information in one place. Had my Spider one year now and still "Bursting with Energy" about it. I too saw my first RED Fiat 124 Spider in in 1969-70 and stood still as it passed, no way could I afford such a Italian Sports car at aged 18 years, but I did go on to buy and enjoy a series of MGB & GT, Spitfire and others since about aged 21 years. I owned 2 x MX5 NB's over 5 years and loved them both but the 124 Spider, has the Italian looks, the Mazda build reliability and is just so easy to work on. Get out your pen and paper, make lists and priorities so that "when" the All Clear finally sounds you are ready and prepared for action. You WILL enjoy and be Proud of having done it, Cheers
ron
Thanks Brexit....some of you guys have blazed a great trail for the rest of us. I am sure there will be a lot of questions that have already been answered on the forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome. enjoy your 124. There are two of 'em here in Saddlebrooke. Glad to have another Arizonian.
Do you know if there is a group that gets together in the Phoenix area? I noticed another owner on here that has done some serious mods.....believe they live in the East Valley.

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,323 Posts
Welcome and that would be me! Deep SE Valley just inside Pinal. I am the less than 1%er!

The state and local clubs seem to be dormant and I have thought about reviving a local chapter. I have participated in both Fiat in the Rockies and Fiat on the Snake with other clubs. I know of 2 others here that I have met with in the past, and a few others scattered around here and Tucson area like Desertscorpion said.

Still waiting on my block to arrive from its rework, but you are more than welcome to come by once it arrives if you would like to see everything in a real time, exploded view! I can assist in any installations and I have pretty much every piece of test equipment and special tool you need to work on this car.

Ken

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome and that would be me! Deep SE Valley just inside Pinal. I am the less than 1%er!

The state and local clubs seem to be dormant and I have thought about reviving a local chapter. I have participated in both Fiat in the Rockies and Fiat on the Snake with other clubs. I know of 2 others here that I have met with in the past, and a few others scattered around here and Tucson area like Desertscorpion said.

Still waiting on my block to arrive from its rework, but you are more than welcome to come by once it arrives if you would like to see everything in a real time, exploded view! I can assist in any installations and I have pretty much every piece of test equipment and special tool you need to work on this car.

Ken
Thanks Ken....sounds great. We like to run out to Queen Creek Olive Mill, maybe could run by sometime. You are way ahead on your mods! Right now everything is about $ and time.:(

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Yeah, I've gone way past mods and now headed into new territory with a complete overhaul, displacement and compression changes, and stronger everything. Learned a lot along the way and more than happy to share any knowledge and assist in any way I can.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Thanks Ken....sounds great. We like to run out to Queen Creek Olive Mill, maybe could run by sometime. You are way ahead on your mods! Right now everything is about $ and time.:(
Wish I could come too !!!

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
What would it take to create a new group? Any ideas?
Contact the club [email protected] for membership & chapter details. Sounds like you have enough for a chapter.
I’m in the Detroit chapter and we’re very active with driving events, cook-outs, bocce, etc...

·
Registered
158 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts