Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car has 25,000 miles and I only run 93 top tier gasoline. Last 2 years has been Shell. No issues with performance.
First image is the cylinder before treatment. I was honestly surprised by the amount of buildup since I run 93 octane top tier gas.

Liquid Fluid Recipe Gas Circle

I ran 1 tank with half a bottle of the Lucas Deep clean fuel treatment, and then pulled the plugs and stuck the camera in there again. Wow, you can read the writing on the piston!
Atmosphere Automotive lighting Liquid Musical instrument Astronomical object

I guess I'll start running a tank of Lucas through at each oil change.

Liquid Automotive tire Bottle Fluid Bottle cap

I'm sure some brands are slightly better than others, and some are snake oil, but I use what I like and figured I'd share the before and after pics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's impressive. Anything known about long term effects on O2 sensors and cats?
According to Lucas it's O2 sensor safe.
"Lucas Deep Clean is blended with an exclusive Lucas additive package and specific carrier fluid that contains no diesel fuel, kerosene or anything else that can be harmful or useless to an engine.
This product is low odor, alcohol free and is oxygen sensor safe"

I've used Lucas products for 20 years in a lot of engines, and have always been happy with them.

Reactions: georgia4

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@N2Deep74 would you mind posting pics of the process,
I'm very interested in this product just not familiar with using additives of this kind.
Certainly! This type of fuel treatment is simple to use. You just add it to the tank when you fill up with gas. It says on the bottle how many gallons the bottle will treat. I used half the large bottle for a full tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts