Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I鈥檓 new to this forum so forgive me if my question has been asked and answered recently.
I have a 2017 124 Spider Lusso Plus (which I adore 馃グ) and my only regret is that when I ordered it I didn鈥檛 include a luggage rack. As they aren鈥檛 made any longer I can鈥檛 seem to find an official Fiat rack. I鈥檓 not sure what Fiat were supplying at the time and would welcome suggestions for a stylish chrome rack.
Thanks.

Registered
Hi, I think these are the best solution, as they don鈥檛 mark the paintwork.

Me and my better half have done a three week road trip without the need for a rack, we are just careful about what we pack and stop in AirBnBs with washers, it works fine. I also purchased the tailored luggage set which ensures that you optimise the space. They also fit the MX5 ND, https://www.roadsterbag.com/
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Light

Registered
Abarth 124 Spider in Isola d'Elba Blue

Registered

Registered
I have this very model, purchased from cabriosupply.com. The only thing I needed replacement screws where the clamps attach to the decklid. A bit of thread locking compound provided additional insurance.

Also, keeping a set of tiedown straps in the trunk at the ready means I'm ready for any load, not to exceed 20kg.

Registered
2017 Abarth
The Revo Rack comes in polished aluminum rather than the chrome sought by the OP; I got mine in black in August 2020. It's well-made but intended for occasional use as the suction system has to be attended to periodically. And you'd have to run a tether into the boot to try to discourage someone from walking off with it. It's great for its purpose, though, and has left zero evidence of its use on the car.

Registered
I picked up a black REVO rack at the weekend. I have used it in anger yet but I did drive 180 miles with it sucked to the boot (trunk) lid. Easy to fit and remove and looks like it'll do the job. Light weight stuff on the rack, heavier stuff in the boot (Trunk)

Registered
I picked up a black REVO rack at the weekend. I have used it in anger yet but I did drive 180 miles with it sucked to the boot (trunk) lid. Easy to fit and remove and looks like it'll do the job. Light weight stuff on the rack, heavier stuff in the boot (Trunk)
That rack would be my choice I have to say, we have a three week road trip planned and I feel that space will be tight!

Registered
Thanks Derek, we spoke a while back, I鈥檓 in Preston. We have thought about this but decided to use Air BnB on our road trip so that we can wash overnight. I am trying to keep the weight down. Thanks again though.

Premium Member
Do you think the Revo rack would be safe with 2 sets of golf clubs?

Premium Member
That will work. My bag is under 10 kg鈥檚 and my nephews bag is less. Thanks. Ordered and on the way to Aus from the Netherlands (apparently).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.