Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok , so I just received these items for my classica. No directions. The roll bar covers seem to have a screw inside. Can anyone guide me so I don't break anything?. Thanks in advance.

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
Roll Bar Hoops-The black plastic cover on the front side of the hoop unclips from the colored side...typical plastic car clips...then one screw at the top of the hoop and 2 clips at the bottom...once you get the front piece off you will be able to see how...the front black piece is pretty tight...the clips work real well...

Windshield Bezel-the windshield bezel is hard to remove without damage...I would expect anyone removing them to break at least a few of the clip holders on the pieces you are removing...I snapped a couple of them...the clips are really snapped in hard and take a lot of force to pop them out and I had the right tools for the job...there are absolutely no instructions...

These are quotes from 2 other of my threads...if you have any more questions let me know...

·
Registered
958 Posts
Roll Bar Hoops-The black plastic cover on the front side of the hoop unclips from the colored side...typical plastic car clips...then one screw at the top of the hoop and 2 clips at the bottom...once you get the front piece off you will be able to see how...the front black piece is pretty tight...the clips work real well...

Windshield Bezel-the windshield bezel is hard to remove without damage...I would expect anyone removing them to break at least a few of the clip holders on the pieces you are removing...I snapped a couple of them...the clips are really snapped in hard and take a lot of force to pop them out and I had the right tools for the job...there are absolutely no instructions...

These are quotes from 2 other of my threads...if you have any more questions let me know...
The instructions in the service manual are pretty complicated. You start by removing the door sills, interior A-pillar trim and convertible top centering pins. Then remove the upper windshield molding (remove two screws on the inside), then the side moldings. The moldings are removed by sliding a spatula like blade under it.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
I was able to get the nuts off the 2 studs on the top piece without removing the entire interior trim piece...I did remove the centering pins and the 2 screws...then I was able to move the interior trim piece enough to get those 2 nuts off....not really that difficult....getting those clips to pop out of the holes in the windshield frame is an absolute pain...they are like a one time use only snap...once they go in they don't want to come out again...thanks for the diagram John...a picture sometimes is worth a thousand words...

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
This looks to be a great pain, along with the mirror caps. I wanted to go black on all mine, but the silver of the Lusso is growing on me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can I ask where you purchased the roll bar hoops and windshield bezel? I've been looking for a place to order some black ones from. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts
@JFernald where to buy and how much is the service manual? That seems like a great asset to any garage.

mahalo

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I purchased mine at moparonlineparts.com. Shipping was quick. There are also printable instructions for each item. The installation for both items took me about 45 minutes. The outside windshield trim is a bear to remove. Once removed the new pieces install quickly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts