Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm now 6 weeks and 2300 KMs into owning my black on beige Spider Lusso fully loaded. I call her Gloria.
She has everything except the keyless entry/park assist/nav package. I wanted that package too but in broke-down Greece they only imported about 15 cars and none had this pack so it would have been an 8 month wait. Even opting for another color would not have worked.

First impressions/issues with my 124 Spider:

Paint is full of minor deffects (all cars here were taken to showrooms, mine sat in one for 2 weeks). The cost of fixing this is around ?400 and if you add 9H protective ceramic coating it jumps to ?900.

Car came with a barely detectable oil leak from an over-stressed O-Ring on an oil sensor just in front of there the transmission mounts to the engine. They thankfully caught onto it and fixed it in approx. 10 days (took that long as they know nothing abt the car). They had to take the whole transmission down to get to it and the chief mechanics bets it is due to a poorly configured robot in the factory so watch out for that.

The ambient air temp gauge is simply not accurate at all.

The acceleration is non-linear and I'm not referring to the turbo lag as I know this engine very well after having put about 55,000KMs on it in my previous 500 Abarth Esseesse. I'm talking about times when you accelerate and it feels choppy as if it was interrupted for a split second. This gets more intense with the AC on and everyone I asled including the dealer bles the dulled down throttle response and de-tuned (Euro sped 140hp) engine. They also basically suggest installing response control and an ecu remap.

That said, I love the way this car behaves and will not love it less because of these rather typical new-model kinks or Greek-market driven defficiencies. It's a unique eye catching car and I have only seen another one on the road once a couple of months back. Proud to say I also have the only black one in the entire country, which is not much of a feat considering that only around 10 of them have hit the streets so far.
That's my story to date and I'm looking forward to hitting the forums with all of you!
Cheers for having me.
C.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Καλημερα! Whereabouts in Greece are you? I spend a bit of time there off and on with work. My second favourite country... after Scotland, of course.

It'll be interesting to see if the choppy response changes when the engine has bedded down a bit. I got mine with 9 miles (!) on the clock, and 1,500 later it is a totally different car.

It does however sound like you've been a little unlucky.

Black... Interesting choice for a hot country..!!

Για μασ! Post a picture!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts