Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, gonna use this thread as a fun way to see my Abarth go from stock to whatever I decide in the future. So, I'll start it off with some stock pics!

Attachments

·
Banned
425 Posts
Hey everyone, gonna use this thread as a fun way to see my Abarth go from stock to whatever I decide in the future. So, I'll start it off with some stock pics!
You picked a great place to start. Manual Aluminum Abarth with Recaros. Mind if I borrow your pictures? The car looks better in the sunlight and unlike Kissimee Florida we won't have any until June.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thoughts, plans? See you soon here in the forum.
For now I'm just going to do some minor things like the DFVGB+ first until I feel the car out some more. Ideally, because this is my daily, the Eurocompulsion V4 Intake, Record Monza exhaust (still debating this one), and the Euro+Drive tune is as far as I'd go for power mods. That might take a bit as I want to save up to install Wilwoods when I do that though. Haven't decided if I want suspension upgrades, gotta feel out the suspension some more to see what I wanna do. So we'll see, got plenty of time to research and decide what I really want.

You picked a great place to start. Manual Aluminum Abarth with Recaros. Mind if I borrow your pictures? The car looks better in the sunlight and unlike Kissimee Florida we won't have any until June.
Sure, no problem. If you're looking for a particular angle or shot, feel free to ask and I'll try to get it to you as soon as possible :) .

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a clear bra installed today, so here's some new pics! I like how it came out, you really have to look to see it. I ended up doing the full hood, front bumper, fenders, and mirrors.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got a clear bra installed today, so here's some new pics! I like how it came out, you really have to look to see it. I ended up doing the full hood, front bumper, fenders, and mirrors.
Hi Lynk -

Did you get the Mopar clear bra for a DIY project? Or have a local shop custom fit it?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Lynk -

Did you get the Mopar clear bra for a DIY project? Or have a local shop custom fit it?
No, it's an XPEL clear bra, and the installers had the templates for it. They did the work for $1600 and it has like a 10 year warranty or something crazy like that.

·
Vendor
3,086 Posts
The clear bra looks fantastic, which means I can't even see it. They did a great job.

Greg

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In preparation for Phase 2, just installed the V4 Intake, Intercooler, and Catch Can. Just waiting for my tune from EC next week, and Phase 2 will be complete!

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
In preparation for Phase 2, just installed the V4 Intake, Intercooler, and Catch Can. Just waiting for my tune from EC next week, and Phase 2 will be complete!

Hi lynk26, where did you get the bracket for the catch can? Cheers

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi lynk26, where did you get the bracket for the catch can? Cheers
It came in the kit when you order the EuroCompulsion Catch Can.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Mine came with 90 degree bracket for attachment to the firewall instead of the flat one shown here to attach to the side. That might be what he's referring to.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thats not the bracket I received. Did you order the catch can for the manual transmission? Cheers

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats not the bracket I received. Did you order the catch can for the manual transmission? Cheers
Yea, I bought the manual transmission kit. Is there something blocking the way on automatics that they'd send out different brackets?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yea, I bought the manual transmission kit. Is there something blocking the way on automatics that they'd send out different brackets?
Yes

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ran a test and tune with the new mods in the 1/4 mile! This is EC's Phase 2, which is Phase 2 tune, V4 intake, Intercooler, and catch can. Stock everything else, including tires. Launch control set at 4000. This is my best run of the day. This is also my first time drag racing with the car.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
14.524 @ 95.93 mph. Probably cold have gotten to the 14.4 range, but had other prior engagements, so had to cut it short early. I'm car #16.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 52 Posts