·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Fantastic car. Great mods.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Switched over to the straight pipe on the System One exhaust a couple weeks ago and never really got around to doing a cold start, so here's a short clip of how it sounds with it:

And here's how it sounds on track:

Now it's just time to get more seat time at the track to make the most of these mods lol.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
That was some nice running down of some pretty powerful cars.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
That was some nice running down of some pretty powerful cars.
The combination of the wheels, tires, suspension, and brakes completely transformed the car. I was on the softer settings for the suspension and still able to outcorner most, so that was a lot of fun. The brakes held up pretty good too for being street pads, although I'm sure the Motul RBF600 helped more. Overall, this was a good shakedown of all the components installed over the last few weeks, so I just need to get some more seat time in to be able to get the most out it.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Finally added the boost gauge! Looks awesome, works pretty good. Looks like i get peak boost of 25ish PSI and it drops to 20 PSI at redline. Here's some pics:

Oh man, that experience was horrible the first time. I'm pretty sure changing the front sway bar cut about 5 years off my life lol. It took me about 8 hours to do, and a lot of that was getting the original bar off. Here's some things I learned from doing this:

- I had to drop the steering rack for sure. That actually wasn't too bad, only problem was that since i was messing with brake fluid earlier, my gloves still had some on it and i ended up dissolving the rack marks I made, so I had to go back and forth a couple times to get the steering wheel centered again.

- I managed to get the front sway bar out without cutting it, but in hindsight, it would've saved me about 3 hours if I just went ahead and took the angle grinder to it. I ended up having to saw off the passenger side bushing to give me enough clearance to wiggle it through.

- You can actually install this upside down. You'll know if you installed it upside down because the steering rack won't go back in. I was pretty pissed lol.

- Forget the prepackaged bushing grease packets and just get this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CN7B4I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It'll save you the hassle of having to go back in and relube it. I used all of the packets, and the sway bars still squeaked like crazy, so I bought this and it immediately made the squeaking go away. Get it, and use liberally!

So yea, it wasn't fun, but weirdly now that I know how to do it, it'd probably only take me about an hour to do the front. This is something that once you figure out the trick to it, it's not bad at all.
Hey, can you update on how the lube is holding up with the sway bar bushings? Are they still squeak free?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Hey, can you update on how the lube is holding up with the sway bar bushings? Are they still squeak free?
Happy to report that it's still squeak free (y)

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Happy to report that it's still squeak free (y)
That’s great, thanks for reporting back. I will use that stuff with my install.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
That’s great, thanks for reporting back. I will use that stuff with my install.
Make sure you use gloves because the grease is pretty sticky. Took me a bit to get that stuff off my hands lol.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Make sure you use gloves because the grease is pretty sticky. Took me a bit to get that stuff off my hands lol.
Of course LOL, I’ll definitely be using gloves.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Adding another track to the list, this time it was Donington Park! An amazing course with a downhill section that really tests your courage for sure. Unfortunately this'll be the last track day for me for a while, at least until the spring time rolls around.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
That's awesome! I'm jealous. Looks like a great track. What did you think of it?

41 - 52 of 52 Posts