Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to start by saying a heartfelt thank you to the members that provided so much information and inspiration on getting the most fun out of this incredible little car. And a special thanks to those I had the opportunity to spend time with face to face, I hope we can stay in touch.

With our Spiders having joined the ranks of Oldsmobile, Pontiac, AMC, SAAB and DeTomaso, the forum's focus has shifted from modding to maintenance. As my wife says of my hobbies, "With you, its it's the journey, not the destination. Its the journey that keeps you entertained." And when it comes to modding the Spider, there isn't much that hasn't been done and document a hundred times. Time to find another source of adrenaline to satiate my ADD.

It was fun while it lasted. I wish everyone the best!

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
870 Posts
Hate to see you leave. You have contributed a lot in your time spent here, and you will truly be missed. Stop in when you settle on your new project and let us know how it’s coming along. Someone is getting a very nice spider soon I think. Best wishes for your future endeavors, Armon.

·
Registered
2019 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
426 Posts
Sorry to see you go, but best of luck on your next adventure! You will be missed.

Reactions: #136337

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Please tell us what your next adrenaline source is (or will be).

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Thanks for sharing the Ride, The Dog and your advices Buddy...Like your Missus already..."Never a destination"...rings a bell here too, Best Wishes to all three of you, Cheers
ron

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
610 Posts
Sorry to see you go. Thanks for your input here and making this a great forum. Good luck with your next automotive chapter.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
I see some are selling their 124 Spider due to what ever reason leaves us with a bitter taste due to we have shared many ideas
and also seeing others taking possession of used 124 spiders. It's like a revolving door. But life continues, good luck @TX_Bandit and please pay us a visit once in a while. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Abarth
279 Posts
A sad way to start my day. I was so looking forward to meeting you in person at an event this fall. I do understand how you must feel about your Spider. My brother in law last week commented that all the time and money I spend on mine has been a good thing because it keeps me involved, entertained, enthused, and focused on something that gives me a bit of pleasure. I need that in this stage of my life. I wish you good health, and all the best in whatever you choose to do in your future.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Just to clarify, no current plans to sell my Spider. Just looking for a new project to keep me entertained. I'm planning to attend the Fiat Club America cruise to the Horton Classic Car Museum on October 23rd, the Italian Motor Gathering in Boerne, TX Oct 30th, and the Gears and Beers event in Waco on Nov 13th. If anyone want to keep in touch, direct message me through the forum and I'm happy to share my contact info.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Geez, members are leaving the forum in droves!

Thanks for saying Ciao! and best of luck in your next journey.

PS - good to hear you are keeping your Spider.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I want to start by saying a heartfelt thank you to the members that provided so much information and inspiration on getting the most fun out of this incredible little car. And a special thanks to those I had the opportunity to spend time with face to face, I hope we can stay in touch.
It was great to meet you earlier this year, I was reminded of our lunch when I stopped at the same restaurant for lunch last week. Glad to hear you're keeping your Spider, esp. with all the work you put in. Hope our paths cross again!

Cheers, SL

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It was great to meet you earlier this year, I was reminded of our lunch when I stopped at the same restaurant for lunch last week. Glad to hear you're keeping your Spider, esp. with all the work you put in. Hope our paths cross again!

Cheers, SL
Definitely would like to meet up again. I have your contact info. Call or text me anytime!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Now, to whom am I going to refer when someone asks about sound issues? 🤔😜

I hope that you still pay us a visit every now and then.👍

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I totally understand; you're a project guy. When the project is done, you need another project!

Many thanks for all your cool posts and well-documented how-to's, and all your positive comments / helpful advice / constructive feedback.

Don't be a stranger!

Reactions: TX_Bandit
1 - 16 of 16 Posts