Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the a Red Abarth with the matte stripe and it looks like it requires additional care. It even include a pamphlet for Do's and Don'ts for the matte stripe. Does any one can recommend a good cleaner or cleaning kit for the matte paint? or any tips on how to keep it nice and neat? I getting ready to do my first car wash on my car and I don't want to mess it up :D

Also which washer fluid do you recommend and how much do you dilute it

·
Registered
669 Posts
Chemical Guys makes a complete kit for matte. Cleaner, sealant, and detail spray

·
Registered
727 Posts
Chemical Guys makes a complete kit for matte. Cleaner, sealant, and detail spray
That's what I've been using. However, if you apply it too thickly it leaves streaks which are difficult to remove.

I used Lexol Vinylex the other day and discovered that it streaks far less.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi

Using Autoglym Aquawax here in Scotland.
Providing you use the blue microfibre cloths provided in the kit,this has been great at getting the droplets and streak marks off at washing time.
Also means no chamois required too!

·
Registered
144 Posts
That's what I've been using. However, if you apply it too thickly it leaves streaks which are difficult to remove.

Can you explain the Lexol Vinylex - looking at this online it looks like it's for vinyl - not for matte paint?

I'm trying to figure out what to use...

·
Registered
1,162 Posts

The cleaner I have does the same (some brand sold by the vinyl place). However, I use a damp (plain water) cloth to 'buff' the streaks out after it has dried.

As for washer fluid, I always use rain-x (orange colored). I have a strip of the Matt vinyl and experimented with various cleaners: the rain-x didn't appear to affect it, even after letting it sit and dry.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Look into the Harley Davidson Denim Cleaner, which may work. Denim is the matte Black color used on some models, such as my Fat Boy Lo. I just use a mild soap and water if needed, but NO wax. And if you polish too hard it will get shiny so be careful with whatever you use.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just ordered this from Amazon: RAT WAX Matte Finish Detailer Spray Cleaner w/ UV protection.

Will let you know next weekend how it works.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Having Avery Dennison wrap product installed, the installer recommended me their own product designed for their wrap. I suppose it would be good for any wrap product like the more common 3M.

http://www.metrorestyling.com/Avery-Supreme-Wrap-Care-s/307392.htm

I use the sealer and normal cleaner and it work just fine. Just ensure your aren't using these product directy under the sun, they dry too fast! Learned the hard way, particularly with the sealer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts