Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
I thought it'd be good to have a reference thread of Mazda parts and accessories that have been confirmed to fit the 124.

To start, I can confirm that the Mazda's accessory wheel lock nuts fit.
Thanks for that. I can confirm that the hood supports fit and work beautifully.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Was the mating connector behind the trim (I see the slot for the mirror harness) and does it all have to be removed to plug it in?
There is no pre-wired connection for the mirror under the header. You have to remove both sets of A pillar trim and 6 torx bolts to remove the header trim. I bought a Mazda OEM mirror install kit on Ebay and a ATM fuse tap at Autozone and ran the wires in the install kit down to the fuse box in the left foot well.

·
Registered
349 Posts
is anyone here planning to look beyond Mazda OEM stuff and wait for some aftermarket goodies? Even universal parts that Mazda Miata/MX-5 owners already use?

Wouldn't mind having a universal carbon fiber side mirror, perfect for Abarth 124 owners.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hmm. Fuse box in foot. Could I use that to hardware in a radar detector? Ive done it before in my F150, running the wire along the windshield molding.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I noticed that Good-Win Racing sells RoadsterSport Delrin Door Bushings for the 2016-17 Miata, but not for the Fiat. Is the Fiat enough different that they don't fit, or it doesn't add anything to it?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ordered the Beatrush front strut tower brace made for the ND from Rev9. Will report if it fits when I have it (fingers crossed!).

Didn't like the looks of the Cusco unit that Good-Win has verified to fit and the Mopar part must be made of Unobtainium for the $ they are asking for it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I bought the Delrin Bushings for my Abarth, they fit well, but after a two week test I returned to the stock rubber bushings.
can you expound on why? i was looking at getting them and thought if there was a negative i might want to know before hand.

·
Registered
476 Posts
from another post. the door sill scuff panels fit but have the mx-5 logo on them, but so far we don't have a 124 version

·
Registered
28 Posts
can you expound on why? i was looking at getting them and thought if there was a negative i might want to know before hand.
Because after installation the tolerances are so tight that you have to put much more force to close the door(or it will bump). Sincerely, using the car in a road/leisure environment and not for racing, the standard bushings are good enough.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Because after installation the tolerances are so tight that you have to put much more force to close the door(or it will bump). Sincerely, using the car in a road/leisure environment and not for racing, the standard bushings are good enough.
i do specifically remember reading on one of the sites that sells them they say it the door is tight to close then you can lightly sand them to make the not so hard to close. as the cars age and break in there is expected to be some additional play shifting in the car. as i hope i will be keeping this car for a good while i was thinking of adding things that stiffen the car like cross braces and these bushings. what did you do with the bushings?
do others have opinions into this?

·
Registered
54 Posts
The Beatrush front strut tower brace fits great, but you have to modify the two brackets they include that will be used to hold the coolant tank. The included pan headed studs are too short so I cut the welds that hold the stud to the bracket and sourced new M6 x 1 bolts from Lowes. Not 100% bolt on but an easy mod is all it takes to make it work.

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
The Beatrush front strut tower brace fits great, but you have to modify the two brackets they include that will be used to hold the coolant tank. The included pan headed studs are too short so I cut the welds that hold the stud to the bracket and sourced new M6 x 1 bolts from Lowes. Not 100% bolt on but an easy mod is all it takes to make it work.
Good looking piece but not a plug and play...it requires a little finesse...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts