Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that in the past couple of weeks, Mazda has lowered the boom on the sites that hosted "unofficial" Mazda FW downloads. None are available anymore that I can find. This means that, for the time being, it will be impossible to do new AA/CarPlay installations. I hate to see this, as it is my feeling that we should be able to modify OUR cars and OUR infotainment systems as we see fit. This kind of heavy-handed policing approach is really obnoxious and, IMO. needs to stop. Hopefully, new sites will eventually turn up, but for now, it looks as though anyone wanting to do the upgrade is SOL. Anyway, this is my opinion only and YMMV. @ameridan take note. You might want to say something about this on your blog.

• Sad
Reactions: CDPond and NE_Fiat

·
Registered
2018 124 Spider Lusso Red Top Edition, Automatic, Fashion Gray, Ivory Interior, Bordeaux Top
1,587 Posts
Adios, pelota!

Reactions: Spider Fan Buffalo

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I work for Mazda let me know what you need and I can get it. Man that sounded very drug dealer like. Some one needs to walk me through how to upload it onto the site though.
Thanks for that offer. I've already done my upgrade so I'm good, but for others wanting to do the upgrade, the version that most of us have used and is recommended is 70.00.100 in whichever region the user is in. NA N, EU, JP, etc.I don't know how to upload files here though...someone smarter than me maybe knows how.

Reactions: mtnghost

·
Registered
674 Posts
I work for Mazda let me know what you need and I can get it. Man that sounded very drug dealer like. Some one needs to walk me through how to upload it onto the site though.
If Mazda is cracking down, that means lawyers.
JMO, but I don't think you want to upload anything to this site that might involve these lawyers, at least not without the site owner's permission.
There are ways to share person to person.

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
JMO, but I don't think you want to upload anything to this site that might involve these lawyers, at least not without the site owner's permission.
Yep...that's where my thoughts are as well. The Mazda3Revolution forum owners made ASH8, the poster who put the upgrade info up over there, remove the links to the files, and the hosting servers for those files were shut down as well. And my question is why TF NOW...years later when there are so many owners who've already done the mod, and there are probably innumerable copies of the files in the wild. What are they going to do...come after every owner who has done the mod??? Impossible. It's total BS, IMO. As far as I'm concerned my feeling towards Mazda over this heavy-handed attempt to stop people from modding the systems in vehicles they've bought and paid for is unpostable. smdh

·
Registered
2017 124 Classica
342 Posts
Well I just hope if someone already has the files they don't delete them and can discretely PM them to anyone who wants to do the mod.

I am personally still on the v56 firmware because I've been hesitant about upgrading because I don't want to introduce any new issues, however I probably was going to upgrade sometime this year.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind that much that they removed them - IF FIAT WOULD GET OFF THEIR ASSES and ACTUALLY release an Android Auto update. Since all they have to do is change the branding, which would be a 20 minute job for someone with the source code.

Reactions: AnClar

·
Registered
2017 Classica
147 Posts
Well I just hope if someone already has the files they don't delete them and can discretely PM them to anyone who wants to do the mod.

I am personally still on the v56 firmware because I've been hesitant about upgrading because I don't want to introduce any new issues, however I probably was going to upgrade sometime this year.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind that much that they removed them - IF FIAT WOULD GET OFF THEIR ASSES and ACTUALLY release an Android Auto update. Since all they have to do is change the branding, which would be a 20 minute job for someone with the source code.
Amen… I agree 💯…

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

Therein lies the problem...for Fiat owners anyway. Neither FCA, nor Stellantis have ever expressed the least degree of interest in releasing an AA/CarPlay-capable version of the software and the new USB hub so that Fiat owners wouldn't have to resort to working with Mazda software/hardware in the first place. We know the software works for AA/CarPlay, once you purchase and install the upgraded USB hub from Mazda. There were numerous requests over the years for Fiat to do just that...what we got were crickets, and/or "there are no plans to do this" from FCA. We are total oddballs with the hybrid Fiat/Mazda platform. In most cases that is a net positive for us, but sometimes not so much. The three-month map update fix saga is one example. The infotainment software is another. We are not a large enough base for FCA or Stellantis to see any ROI for doing the upgrade. Now that the platform is dead, I don't ever see it happening. That said, I've been using the rebranded Mazda v70.00.100 NA N for three years now, absolutely trouble-free, and I really like CarPlay over the factory UI.

Reactions: CXXIV

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
1,120 Posts
In that case forget it. I personally don’t have a problem with my infotainment, and am not willing to start some legal fiasco. Sorry guys.

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In that case forget it. I personally don’t have a problem with my infotainment, and am not willing to start some legal fiasco. Sorry guys.
Yep...no reason for you to risk anything here. Besides, the Interwebz are a large and convoluted place...one never knows what one will find out there. :D :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Given they killed the car, I don't see them providing any revisions to head unit functionality. I'm not trying to be a pessimist, but yeah, in this case I am. The key is that someone parks the requisite files on a sharing server somewhere so owners can access them if they need them. Lot's of places that could handle that sort of thing, like BitTorrent sites.

·
Registered
2017 124 Classica
342 Posts
If anyone happens to have the CMU file sitting in their downloads folder still, and knows how it might find its way to my downloads folder, can you PM me said information?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
+1 me too

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for that offer. I've already done my upgrade so I'm good, but for others wanting to do the upgrade, the version that most of us have used and is recommended is 70.00.100 in whichever region the user is in. NA N, EU, JP, etc.I don't know how to upload files here though...someone smarter than me maybe knows how.
i will be in touch on that, but highly suggest keeping quiet about it and delete all records after you do a transfer etc. and keep anonymous. just p2p transfers.

·
Registered
689 Posts
+1 ...

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And the sad part for me is that I lost those...and many other files when my HDD crashed in 2020. So I no longer have them anyways.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, it's my first post here and unfortunately it has to be a sad one.
I just got my brand new USB 3.0 hub, but all hosted files seem to be removed :( I'm personally looking for 70.00.100 EU version.
If anyone has original files, please PM me. I'll figure out a way to share it with others securely.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts