Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I think most of us have these files on their laptop cause we downloaded them.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I cannot tell you that I am interested in the V70.000.100A files, nor will I ask you for your email in a private message if someone messages me. No Teams meeting invite will be forthcoming for this purpose. 😁

Reactions: Kain

·
Registered
2018 Abarth
134 Posts
This is nuts... Shame on Mazda! What's the point?!

I may or may not have a private file server in my private hosted data center...

I'll check my downloads archives to see if I still have the theoretical files needed that I can possibly or possibly not put on my server.

That said, I implore everyone who sees this to educate themselves on the "Right to Repair" movement taking place right now, and contact any of your related local representatives to make sure they know you support this movement, and that these heavy-handed measures taken by manufacturers and vendors are not economical or good for consumers in any way, shape, or form.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 2017 Abarth Spider 124 this week and was REALLY looking forward to this hack. Did anyone save the files that are no longer available for download? Willing to share?

·
Registered
25 Posts
This really couldn't have come at a worse time, as I was getting ready to finally order my AA/Mazda kit.

Anyone on here kind enough to point me in the right direction as far as securing the needed files?

Please feel free to PM if that's smarter

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi can you obtain the cmu software at all
I found it online last week. 56 to 70 update went just fine.

This should help while its still up

·
Registered
12 Posts
I noticed that in the past couple of weeks, Mazda has lowered the boom on the sites that hosted "unofficial" Mazda FW downloads. None are available anymore that I can find. This means that, for the time being, it will be impossible to do new AA/CarPlay installations. I hate to see this, as it is my feeling that we should be able to modify OUR cars and OUR infotainment systems as we see fit. This kind of heavy-handed policing approach is really obnoxious and, IMO. needs to stop. Hopefully, new sites will eventually turn up, but for now, it looks as though anyone wanting to do the upgrade is SOL. Anyway, this is my opinion only and YMMV. @ameridan take note. You might want to say something about this on your blog.
An argument can be made that doing so violates the Linux GNU agreement. Mazda does not own the kernel for their firmware.

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
An argument can be made that doing so violates the Linux GNU agreement. Mazda does not own the kernel for their firmware.
It’s a weird deal. I wonder who the bigger headache is, Mazda as the buyer of the software or Johnson Controls who developed it. And, like other developers, and customers, they can make it difficult by inserting closed-source code elements that limit what end users can do. Regardless it’s a crummy policy whoever does it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I work for Mazda let me know what you need and I can get it. Man that sounded very drug dealer like. Some one needs to walk me through how to upload it onto the site though.
I recently bought a 2017 Mazda Demio Skyactiv Japan Import and I am looking for the latest FW version for my CMU. My current version is 59.00.502 JP M variant. People told me through the Mazda revolution forums that I can upgrade to another version like NA or EUR or ADR version, but I do not want to lose the DVD and TV functionality (yes it does come with a TV tuner.. go figure.. Japan has the best perks) that my car came with. Is it something you can directly obtain from Mazda? What is the latest JP M version to date?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hiya all, would be really amazing if anyone has certain files of V31 that could dm me with. Recently got into customizing my Mazda more and wanted to do some updating and it's stuck in v27 with no files in sight :(. Sucks that I specifically bought a new flash drive for it only to realize that I can't install it anyway 🙃

21 - 36 of 36 Posts