Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know our manual transmission is the previous generation Mazda unit. Does anyone know if the current Mazda Miata Shift knob will just screw right into the stick? I love the "ball" style of the Miata Shift knob, and it even has red stitches that should match my Abarth seats? So will the threads fit without alterations or adapters? Thanks!

·
Banned
425 Posts
Is the Mada NC shift knob round? If it has the appearance you want, ordering one of those is low risk as it surely would fit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey guys, The miata nd and nc will fit. I went aftermarket but I also didnt like the OEM square Abarth Knob.

I had a 2012 SE miata but I could not find a picture of that knob. I think it was different from the regular NC knob. Either way, it was like 120 and didnt want to spend that much. I also wanted to see what a really heavy knob would feel like. I went with a heavier JBR from here: http://www.jamesbaroneracing.com/shop/

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry, I plan to keep mine. I still may buy the NC shift knob. The NC shift know was not round.. more of a pistol grip. The ND is round but not sure I want round.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
I have to say the MX5's is the nicer shift knob.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have to say the MX5's is the nicer shift knob.
Agreed! And also prefer the leather feel in my hand. I guess I'll probably get a OEM ND shift knob and replace the Abarth knob.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If someone gets me a new ND ball knob with the red leather stitching I will trade them my Abarth knob. 1 month old.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
$90 looks like a great price and they are hard to find.

fwiw, i did some searching;
the Mazda part Nos. are:
Knob - N244-46-030B
Insert - N243-46-032 (the cover (gear indicator) is sold separately)

$78+$13+$18 (shipping) = $109 all in from Amayama - appears to be the best price. Today.

Think I'm going to pull the trigger on my first modification.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts