Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meguiar’s Ultimate Paste WAX

After doing some research I plan to apply this wax , a little expensive, but hey I am not going to rub my car a couple times a year it's made of metal.>:)

Natural waxes are carnauba and synthetic are polymer-based.

·
Super Moderator
1,090 Posts
I hope you have better luck than I did. I thought it would be good to use after I clayed my Miata. I wanted to spruce it up for sale now that I've got the Abarth.
Well, I can't get it off! I began by-hand, and it would buff-out. So I tried using a DA orbital, thinking it needed some more effort . Wrong! I can across some posting of the same issue and people said they needed to polish it off the car to make things right.
So now the car looks worse than ever, and I'm faced with the need to buy another product to remedy the problem.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ouch, you're going to have to use a wax remover and start all over again. Maybe frankmar can try it on a small section first.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ouch, you're going to have to use a wax remover and start all over again. Maybe frankmar can try it on a small section first.
What do you mean you guys, does not look encouraging. please details. Or which wax would you use

·
Registered
351 Posts
I put a coat of Xpel on mine and it looks great, and is very slick. They all leave a slightly different gloss and it's a matter of how picky you are, I guess.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Have you tried using alcohol to take it off? Perhaps clay barring it again? Typically even spraying some quick detailer and buffing off with a micro-fiber is good enough.

Did you apply this stuff in the sun and leave it for a while ?!

I use this stuff all the time and get bang on results with it. I love it.

·
Super Moderator
1,090 Posts
I think it might have been too cold

Have you tried using alcohol to take it off? Perhaps clay barring it again? Typically even spraying some quick detailer and buffing off with a micro-fiber is good enough.

Did you apply this stuff in the sun and leave it for a while ?!

I use this stuff all the time and get bang on results with it. I love it.
It was about 55 when I applied it in the shade and I ran the DA Orbital at about 50% speed out of caution. From what I found elsewhere I need to polish it off now. It's possible I should have run the polisher faster. The information I found on the web wasn't real clear about that.:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts