Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a teaser for now, till I get some time to install them (probably tomorrow morning)

I've been wanting to do this since I got the car and I finally found a good deal on a set of stock Miata wheels. I hadn't seen this setup on our cars before, I'm sure it's been done just hard to find posts about someone who did it. I was also really wanting 215 45 17 tires on a stock wheel size, hoping this size will fill in the wheelwell better and ride smoother.

Like many, the heavy stock wheels were me least favorite thing about this car, I always considered the ND wheels to be a much better choice.

I'll post some pics when I get them installed too.

(Excuse my dirty car)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
They seem to be wider, they look nice but black looks meaner.:mad:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Very nice. I really like the 8 spoke look and it is the reason I went with my O.Zs. Hopefully the Abarth center cap fits for a perfect set up.

Dan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They seem to be wider, they look nice but black looks meaner./forum/images/smilies/mad.gif
The originals are a darker grey, but I think the thinner spokes look meaner, so it's a trade off

Very nice. I really like the 8 spoke look and it is the reason I went with my O.Zs. Hopefully the Abarth center cap fits for a perfect set up.

Dan
Thanks, I'm hoping too, I think I'm going to so it tonight, can't wait till morning lol

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have 215/45r17 Bridgestone RE71Rs and love them. I feel like they filled in the wheel wells a bit better. These tires are incredible, too! Soooo much grip!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
How hard was it to remove the Mazda logo? And if you have already figured out how to affix Abarth logos, please share that too :)
I've been watching Craigslist for a pristine set as I also think the ND wheels are a decent upgrade option :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have 215/45r17 Bridgestone RE71Rs and love them. I feel like they filled in the wheel wells a bit better. These tires are incredible, too! Soooo much grip!
You have the set up I want. Dis you feel any change to the handling? Do you think 215 is the best size for the Abarth rims? Would you go any higher?

·
Registered
178 Posts
You have the set up I want. Dis you feel any change to the handling? Do you think 215 is the best size for the Abarth rims? Would you go any higher?
It made an incredible difference in handling. The car still rolls from side to side like a boat in the turns, but it just sticks so much better. I'm not getting issues with massive oversteer from the rear breaking loose, which means I can et on the throttle sooo much sooner out of a turn. And the front bites in so hard on fast transitions like slaloms. I will be getting some really lightweight 17x7s for C Street class next year and stepping up the size to a 225. All of the C Street MX5s at SCCA Solo Nationals this year had 225 RE71s or 225 Yokohama AD058s. I'll add a Karcepts front bar to control roll, and some Koni Yellows.

·
Registered
277 Posts
It made an incredible difference in handling. The car still rolls from side to side like a boat in the turns, but it just sticks so much better. I'm not getting issues with massive oversteer from the rear breaking loose, which means I can et on the throttle sooo much sooner out of a turn. And the front bites in so hard on fast transitions like slaloms. I will be getting some really lightweight 17x7s for C Street class next year and stepping up the size to a 225. All of the C Street MX5s at SCCA Solo Nationals this year had 225 RE71s or 225 Yokohama AD058s. I'll add a Karcepts front bar to control roll, and some Koni Yellows.
I can’t thank you enough for your feedback.i will be stepping up to 215.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts