Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's not gonna stay stock... so I figured I would keep track of changes I make here.

I first noticed these cars a couple years ago and really liked them but wasn't in a position to purchase something new. I started to look again this year and after about 2 months of research and Google searching I flew from FL to SC 2 weeks ago (April 29) to buy a 2019 Abarth and drive it home 360 miles with the top down almost the entire way.

Read on for quick recap of my car history (skip to post 2 for Fiat stuff)...

Been into subarus for the last 12+ years and decided to try a new platform. Here's my most recent car, a 6 speed swapped 06 FXT.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Automotive design

Before that I had a 2006 WRX, also 6 speed swapped. My friends called it an STLie...
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Before that, I had an STI motor and trans swapped 01 RS. I really miss this one.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Before those, my first subaru was a stock 2001 2.5RS and before Subaru I was into Mitsubishi 3000GTs. I had 3, not all at once though. Here's the last one I had, a 1997 VR-4. This is the platform that made me into a car enthusiast.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Hood Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

and now, onto Fiat stuff!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here are some photos of the car that I took on my way home, her maiden voyage. Starting with the first 2 I took at the dealership.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Trip computer Tachometer

Here are the rest!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Hood

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Car

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Sky

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

36MPG on the ride home, not bad!
Speedometer Odometer Gauge Measuring instrument Font

The car is a 2019 124 Spider Abarth. It had under 29k miles when I bought it and was completely stock, loaded with every option except Brembos. It came with rubber floor mats, 124 Spider floor mats, and Abarth Scorpion floor mats, the owners manual, laminated window sticker, unused front plate mount (no holes in the front bumper 馃榾) and a can of fix a flat.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before I even went to pick up the car I ordered:

• Stubby Antenna
  • Glove box shelf
  • Sequential LED sidemarkers
  • Rear clear LED sidemarkers
  • Airbag warning overlay
  • Cravenspeed Door Bushings
  • LightinSight
Shortly after getting the car I added the MX5Things phone holder, LEDs for the interior light, trunk light, license plate light, backup light and hood dampers. I also bought an oil catch can I haven't installed yet.

Guitar accessory Automotive lighting Telephony Communication Device Material property

Automotive design Grey Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Personal luxury car

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

My plans are just a simple Phase 1 build, I don't need a crazy fast car anymore.

Still to do:
  • Tork or EC tune
  • Lowering springs (maybe)
  • Rear sway bar (maybe)
  • EC v4 intake
  • GFB DV+
  • 17x8 Wheels
  • Brembo or Wilwood brakes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts