Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 red Lusso with autoricambi
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I’m fairly new to this forum and i need your help. I just installed a new Eurocompulsion cold air intake on my Fiat Lusso, but accidentally at the end one of the clamps (green one) fell under the car and it’s been impossible for me to find it... the tubes won’t stay put now and I’m afraid something may happen to the engine/car. I’m not a huge car guy so idk what can happen. This is a picture of the green piece i need.. where could i find it ? Is it necessary? Can my car be damaged if i drive it without it ? Any response would help me at this point! Thanks again

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the belly pan ? Lol could you elaborate ? Is that the protective sheet at the bottom ?? yes my friend and i are gonna try and remove that cover i think that’s what you’re referring to ? Hopefully it’s still there bc i recently drove it and im Hoping it didn’t fall out.

i will try what you said about just connecting it directly instead of using the clamps maybe that’s better ? But if for some reason i leave it unplugged.. what could ultimately happen to my car ??

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,829 Posts
Yes, the belly pan is a fabric/pressboard cover. It catches most of the stuff you drop.

The worst thing that will happen if left unplugged is a P04D Check Engine Code for Evap System Leak. There is no real pressure on the line, you could even wrap it in electrical tape once its shoved into the holder if you have to. Tape and Coathangers are a lost art!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
@Calehedron aka The Maestro has it. Nothing serious will happen. In the car world there is the “official” fix and then there’s the fix car guys and gals do (electrical tape, zip tie, worm clamp, etc). Stick around. We’ll make you a car person in no time.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Speaking of coathanger, find one. Cut out 2" piece and make a U out of it. Shove in those side grooves of the female connector after plugging the male in. McGuyver would be PROUD!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s genius man! That’s so true, I’ll probably check the belly pan first and see if it’s there, if not... ill use the coat hanger and electrical tape idea too, I’m relieved to know nothing serious would happen to the car... i really appreciate you guys responding, I’ll be sure to let you know what happens!

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
I guarantee you won't melt a piston over it and have a global pandemic bring the rebuilding of the engine to almost a complete halt. You'll be just fine!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I broke one of these connectors off of the air box hose on my Jeep Cherokee. That was several thousand miles ago. I even broke off the plastic connector going into the airbox Some JB Weld fixed it and made it stronger than new.

Reactions: Vtrex93

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
@Calehedron aka The Maestro has it. Nothing serious will happen. In the car world there is the “official” fix and then there’s the fix car guys and gals do (electrical tape, zip tie, worm clamp, etc). Stick around. We’ll make you a car person in no time.
Originally I had wrapped it with electrical tape and zip tie, forget it, there is pressure in that tube, it will come out. You need a U clip to stop the tube coming out.
The cheap coat hanger(white coated or thin one) that might do it as U clip
I'll get the pictures of the U clip later on

Reactions: Vtrex93

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I have eliminated the majority of the vacuum lines with AN -6 lines and fittings. I still need to replace the last line with the fiddly green clip. The EC Venturi adapter is in the right leg of the Y. I like it when fitting screw together and are made of metal not plastic.

90BB8975-8DFA-4EAA-9933-B25D3B87A25C.jpeg

Dan

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have eliminated the majority of the vacuum lines with AN -6 lines and fittings. I still need to replace the last line with the fiddly green clip. The EC Venturi adapter is in the right leg of the Y. I like it when fitting screw together and are made of metal not plastic.

View attachment 76787

Dan
Hi Dan,

Can you send a link of where you bought those lines, I'm really interested in that idea

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Hi Dan,

Can you send a link of where you bought those lines, I'm really interested in that idea
I purchased AN -6, -8, -10 kits with red/black fittings and black nylon braided lines. I purchased these on EBay 3 years ago. I no longer have the link. Since then I have gone to using Fragola fittings and hose. The Fragola is made in the USA and is superior in quality to the Chinese product. Be careful with the Chinese fittings as I did find metal debris in them that needed to be cleaned out prior to use. The only negative with the Fragola fittings is they do not have the red/black combination. I purchased the Fragola materials at summitracing.com . Contact Fragola at fragolaperformancesystems.com and request a catalog.

I have plumbed my catch can, my son’s catch can, and sent a kit to @Chainringtattoo for his catch can with AN -10 fittings and hose.
C8EF78FE-FE41-4B5D-B00D-CD92370897E5.jpeg

Dan

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
where could i find it ?
You've looked from the topside, of course, but have you looked from the side? When I dropped that piece recently it presented itself here:

This is behind the right wheel. If you lie down and look through your wheel you can see in a bit; you can reach in and feel around a bit further in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey everyone! so Im really excited because with the help of my friend, we found the green clamp on the belly pan! All we had to do was unbolt one side and it was there! Super relieved, everything back to normal. Now, again because i don’t know much about cars.. i hope i can explain this well. I notice that with this new cold air intake, if I’m on PARK and i try to rev and push the gas, my engine doesn’t rev past 3000 rpm anymore, it’s as if it has a Limit now ? When on drive it’s amazing, the sound is spectacular.. it just happens when I’m in park. Do you guys have the same problem ?? did I install in incorrectly? I hope i made sense lol

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Glad you found it, especially after a drive. I don't think any automatic revs past 3K, maybe in neutral? I know this has come up before for people in autos, but I don't recall every condition. My son's 500 also cuts out at 3K in gear under brake stall. Sucks when trying to load the engine to launch a drag race!

That might be able to be changed at some point in the future. I know EuroCompulsion has purchased the equipment and some IP to be able to program TCUs also once everything is online and figured out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Glad you found it. My green clip fell last month and I used metal picture frame wiring to create a "clamp". Its working fine and I think if you search the forums you will find others who have used wire as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Glad you found it, especially after a drive. I don't think any automatic revs past 3K, maybe in neutral? I know this has come up before for people in autos, but I don't recall every condition. My son's 500 also cuts out at 3K in gear under brake stall. Sucks when trying to load the engine to launch a drag race!

That might be able to be changed at some point in the future. I know EuroCompulsion has purchased the equipment and some IP to be able to program TCUs also once everything is online and figured out.
Oh wow interesting, for some reason i always thought you could, it felt stronger before! now if i press the gas pedal all the way it doesn’t make much of a sound as before but maybe it’s just all in my head... i don’t have a problem with it if it’s only on brake. When I’m driving it’s perfectly okay so cant really complain. What do you guys think about getting a tune for it next ? I want to take this car to the next level.. i live in CA, so i don’t know how much the cost would be for a dyno... but i hear it’s worth it! Lol

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Oh wow interesting, for some reason i always thought you could, it felt stronger before! now if i press the gas pedal all the way it doesn’t make much of a sound as before but maybe it’s just all in my head... i don’t have a problem with it if it’s only on brake. When I’m driving it’s perfectly okay so cant really complain. What do you guys think about getting a tune for it next ? I want to take this car to the next level.. i live in CA, so i don’t know how much the cost would be for a dyno... but i hear it’s worth it! Lol
The two main ECU tuning systems are mail order but both do dyno tuning in shop with an appointment and additional fees of course. I've heard there may be a shop in CA that could do it, but I do not know that for sure. Several piggyback options out there for about half the initial cost and not a bad thing for a decent performance jump but not on the same level as a direct tune.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts