Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right forum for this so I apologize in advance.

I was under the car and noticed one of the screws holding the wind deflector flap thing under the car is missing. I thought I ordered the right replacement (p/n 68314559AA) but it wasn't even close to the right size. There are two push pins and a screw (hex head) holding this up. Attached is a pic of the driver's side that has all hardware attached. Circled is the one I'm missing on the passenger side.

If anyone knows the correct part number let me know. :)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Go on ebay or amazon and order a multi pack of trim fasteners. I've got a couple fo packs lying around and have used them many times on wheel arches, interior trim etc.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I stopped by my local fiat dealer and they popped one in for free. Worth a try if you have one nearby.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I stopped by my local fiat dealer and they popped one in for free. Worth a try if you have one nearby.
I wish I had faith in my local dealer. They'll likely charge me a $120 diag fee and then make me order a pack of 6 bolts (for $10/each) since they won't have any in stock.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I think any screw that fits will do, When I installed the horns in the front fenders, beside the pop up plastic fasteners there were some black screws also, and believe me, I would have put any screw that fastened on it. It's not a visible screw(that would be different) JMO

Reactions: Arc07

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Take out a screw and go to the local hardware store and get a replacement. It doesn't need to match perfectly. Just make sure it has the same thread pitch.

Reactions: Arc07 and CDPond

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Take out a screw and go to the local hardware store and get a replacement. It doesn't need to match perfectly. Just make sure it has the same thread pitch.
Exactly. Just remove the matching screw from the other side of the car and hit the hardware store. Some things just don't need to be OEM, but the liklihood of finding one anodyzed in black might be a bit of a challenge. The other (longer) scenario is to remove the screw from the other side, go to the hardware store to figure out what you need (length, pitch, etc.), and then cruise Amazon and order a sack of black ones for a couple of bucks.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Tractor Supply, Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware should have the drawers with hardware in them with automotive trim bolts/screws. I believe I have seen screws with built in washers for exactly this kind of role.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts