1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Tom...I think the current edit time for members is 12 hours...Steve's thread post was outside that window for him...
This particular thread title also contains an error, and he still has plenty of time to correct it. That's the joke.

"Mods" is a plural and thus should not have an apostrophe. Apostrophes are for indicating possession or a contraction.

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
This particular thread title also contains an error, and he still has plenty of time to correct it. That's the joke.

"Mods" is a plural and thus should not have an apostrophe. Apostrophes are for indicating possession or a contraction.
LOL...I did not even notice...:D

I hate it when you are using your cell phone and it changes words to other words that have no meaning whatsoever...

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pure, thank you! By the time I noticed that blunder it was way past the editing time expiration. Finally, I couldn't take that flub any longer and I needed it fixed!

TomM, there, I rebuilt the title line for this thread as well. Not just the apostrophe (I was thinking of its use in the terms of a contraction, but apparently not the proper use of a contraction), but the verbiage, too. Thank you for helping me stay on my toes...

Steve.

·
Registered
677 Posts

Contract "this', and then possess it! Thanks for the grammar lesson. Some people just can't let well enough alone. The guy made a non-consequential (did I spell that right? Sorry...rightly..?) error...let it be...what does it have to do with cars???

·
Registered
351 Posts
Contract "this', and then possess it! Thanks for the grammar lesson. Some people just can't let well enough alone. The guy made a non-consequential (did I spell that right? Sorry...rightly..?) error...let it be...what does it have to do with cars???
It's got nothing to do with cars. I just found it amusingly ironic that he made a spelling mistake in the thread title of a thread asking to fix a spelling mistake in another thread title.

No big deal, sorry to have offended you.

·
Registered
677 Posts
It's got nothing to do with cars. I just found it amusingly ironic that he made a spelling mistake in the thread title of a thread asking to fix a spelling mistake in another thread title.

No big deal, sorry to have offended you.
Tom:
No offense taken whatsoever. Just poking a finger for fun....just breaking balls...we're all wearing big boy pants, right? All in jest, please keep that in mind when you read some of my posts. One cannot always convey the true meaning just by text...sometimes you have to be there....all the best....

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ha-ha-ha...! Just my little subversive plot to see if anyone was paying attenchun.

Steve.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts