Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Mopar exhaust (in the Spider accessories catalog)!comparable to the Record Monza exhaust. I ask because I saw a video that the Mopar exhaust was developed in Italy by Fiat.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Assuming you are in the USA, as far as I know, the performance exhaust in the Mopar catalog is the Record Monza. However, you can't have it! it appears that Mopar isn't selling it here, I have inquired twice over the last couple of months and Mopar customer service said (both times) the mopar performance exhaust is not available and they don't know when or if it will be available in the future. Last time I checked, Mopar removed the Record Monza from the online catalog.

Yet another ball dropped by FCA regarding the NA 124 Abarth... I suppose we shouldn't be surprised.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Assuming you are in the USA, as far as I know, the performance exhaust in the Mopar catalog is the Record Monza. However, you can't have it! it appears that Mopar isn't selling it here, I have inquired twice over the last couple of months and Mopar customer service said (both times) the mopar performance exhaust is not available and they don't know when or if it will be available in the future. Last time I checked, Mopar removed the Record Monza from the online catalog.

Yet another ball dropped by FCA regarding the NA 124 Abarth... I suppose we shouldn't be surprised.
I wonder if the Record Monza is available overseas by someone willing to ship to the U.S.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Only the muffler costs about 1000€ (about 1400$ with tax) in EU without tax and the quality isn´t that good. Many customers have problems with rust and locking valves.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Only the muffler costs about 1000€ (about 1400$ with tax) in EU without tax and the quality isn´t that good. Many customers have problems with rust and locking valves.
I want something with a manual controlled valve design... here we will call it cops vs performance mode lolll . Still waiting for Ragazzon to release their 124 Abarth version.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
I'd recommend checking out the Remus catback, it's a very well balanced exhaust that only gets loud when you put your foot in it, and it sounds great. There's really no need for a valve system that can fail.

Reactions: Roadscum

·
Registered
662 Posts
I wonder if the Record Monza is available overseas by someone willing to ship to the U.S.
I have been looking, and I haven't found anyone yet.

I know that there are probably better exhaust systems out there, but the Record Monza is the correct factory exhaust for the Abarth, that is why I favor it over the others.

It would be great if one of the other manufacturers made a Record Monza exhaust "clone". Perhaps higher quality, stainless steel, with stainless valves that won't rust shut.

I do know one thing... This car is too **** quiet!

·
Super Moderator
1,250 Posts
The Record Monza is the last exhaust I'd put on my car. I think it's hugely overpriced, and the feckless FCA parts people chose to ignore it in NA.
There are a number of choices that are not going to get you in a jam with the cops, and can be shipped to Canada from EU, or USA. That's the way I'd go.
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
I'd recommend checking out the Remus catback, it's a very well balanced exhaust that only gets loud when you put your foot in it, and it sounds great. There's really no need for a valve system that can fail.

;)

·
Vendor
3,657 Posts
Shark, that sounds great. I am leaning towards the Remus system myself. I think it's the best of the current offerings.

Greg

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Shark, that sounds great. I am leaning towards the Remus system myself. I think it's the best of the current offerings.

Greg
Thanks Greg. Toby had recommended this, and mentioned that you were a fan of Remus. I'm really glad I got it, it sounds awesome, and it seems to have complimented the Phase 1 tune well.

Reactions: Greg

·
Registered
676 Posts
Super Sprint is working on systems. Holding tight until I see what they come out with. Price may kill it though. Until then GWR Qaud Abarth full system is on top of my list.

Sadly the Mopar version if it does come out and is the European version does not have a good reliability record...and rust issues. Though it does sound good new.

·
Super Moderator
1,250 Posts
Paul, I have a lot of respect for Brian Goodwin in San Diego. He has choices that range from a full muffler delete system, to some milder versions. He has been on board with the 124 since day one.
Eurocambi is another noted supplier, and Remus has a great track record with the pricey EU high performance market.
I'm sure some others will chime in with some more advice.
I also recall some trouble reported with the Record Monza valve mechanism jamming-up.
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's an awesome video on the web site. I was going for the "buy" button then I saw the price. I wonder if the .04 cents on the end of the price was really necessary. At least shipping is free.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts