Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally put my Mopar Fiat 124 Spider car cover on...excellent fit and coverage...all the way to the floor on both sides...cover is an indoor stretch fit with flannel on the underside to protect the paint...it is made by CoverKing...I would highly recommend:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I finally put my Mopar Fiat 124 Spider car cover on...excellent fit and coverage...all the way to the floor on both sides...cover is an indoor stretch fit with flannel on the underside to protect the paint...it is made by CoverKing...I would highly recommend:D
The cover is made by Coverking, I have the same but Abarth and was made in Ghina>:) as Trump would say. But according to the Mopar brochure the FIAT comes in Gray

It does add class to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
The cover is made by Coverking, I have the same but Abarth and was made in Ghina>:) as Trump would say. But according to the Mopar brochure the FIAT comes in Gray

It does add class to it.
I have the same ABARTH cover and it looks so good. I would post pics, but my garage is an embarrassment compared to the 2 pristine showrooms I see above ^^^^:D

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Where are you buying the Abarth one from? And I would still like to see pics.
You could get it on line or your dealer. Mopart no or Abarth is 82215015 comes in black

Fiat logo cover Mopar 82215016 comes in Black and Grey.

·
Super Moderator
956 Posts
I worked at a place that had lots of nice trees in the parking lot, and was infested with grackles. Even if you parked away, your car got showered. People even got splattered on the way into the building! So I am real big on car covers!! I had just the basic cotton canvas and washed it once every two weeks.
regards,
Pete

·
Registered
544 Posts
Anyone know if these 124 / Abarth Mopar covers are fine for exterior use? If not any other exterior covers available from Mopar? I know I can go aftermarket but it's for closing a deal...

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I'm also looking for a good, waterproof cover. My 124 spends its time outdoors and uncovered. My Challenger gets the covered parking spot LOL.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yeah mine will be parked outside all the time and i have big tree (pine) over my driveway. An cover to protect the paint is mandatory!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I can not for the life of me find it online... The Mopar website must have been designed by a child, But I am 100% positive that when we looked through the print catalogue to get our cover there were 3 options.

Indoor FIAT branded
Indoor ABARTH branded
Outdoor FIAT branded

I know it exists, and quick call or stop into your dealer should get you a part number and price.

Best of luck!

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can not for the life of me find it online... The Mopar website must have been designed by a child, But I am 100% positive that when we looked through the print catalogue to get our cover there were 3 options.

Indoor FIAT branded
Indoor ABARTH branded
Outdoor FIAT branded

I know it exists, and quick call or stop into your dealer should get you a part number and price.

Best of luck!
Part#82215035 Outdoor Fiat Cover

·
Registered
3,359 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
The satin finish covers may not be for outdoor use so be sure before you order. I had one recently for my Corvette and it was indoor only to be used as a dust cover.

·
Registered
97 Posts
using one cover observations

if you plan to store your car outside, using one cover will scrub your paint on the sharp edges as the wind makes the cover rub on them......I have observed this on mine...had to repolish to remove the fine scratches...solution is...use 2 covers. One inside that is smooth on the paint and one outside water proof. all are breatheable.....so water and humidity can dry.

·
Registered
958 Posts
if you plan to store your car outside, using one cover will scrub your paint on the sharp edges as the wind makes the cover rub on them......I have observed this on mine...had to repolish to remove the fine scratches...solution is...use 2 covers. One inside that is smooth on the paint and one outside water proof. all are breatheable.....so water and humidity can dry.
Great idea!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mopar Cover

It looks like they have three different versions with varying protection. Just curious which ones you guys bought. Is it worth the extra money. Also, you guys see any concerns with the cover not having a lining? Thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
Get a boat cover...

It looks like they have three different versions with varying protection. Just curious which ones you guys bought. Is it worth the extra money. Also, you guys see any concerns with the cover not having a lining? Thanks
They are lined, breathable, UV protection, and very large, thus easy to put on and off in the garage. They have eye loops to attach your bungee cords to and most criminals won't steal them...LOL

Not Sure;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts