Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
I love the demo of the AutoFlash and how the customer is delighted by the "fantastic" improvement in acceleration. Play the before and after runs in two windows at the same time, though, and notice that there is no difference between the two. As to how an OBD flash will help gear shifting, especially in a manual, that's a mystery to me.
And as a structural engineer, I can tell you that the curved unsupported Cusco rear strut brace is, hmm ... decorative? I don't know about the rest of the stuff, but it must be great too, at least to the seats of the buyer's pants.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I love the demo of the AutoFlash and how the customer is delighted by the "fantastic" improvement in acceleration...
The customer says from 2:54 onward that it doesn't do anything to the rate of acceleration, just how responsive the accelerator pedal is.

It's this accelerator pedal responsiveness that I can also see working for a manual car.

That said, he's probably not explained it the best though.

EDIT: He's reviewing two products in the one video which is confusing!

·
Registered
676 Posts
What's your thoughts on the other offering; looks like it has 4 attachment points? :confused:
I installed one recently. It comes with an extra brace that bolts to the firewall. An OEM Miata piece that replaces an existing brace. So yes, four attaching points.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope that in regards to a tune someone comes out with a simple handheld OBD-style one for those of us that want a little more boost, simply!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Apologies. I think we are talking about two different braces. I was referring to the front one. The rear one shown in the second link is indeed a two pointer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts