Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, in the interests of science and the community as a whole, I have decided to pull the trigger on a tune from MTD in Greece. This will be the second one in our community I think (Deyeme Racing has the MTD tune as well), so I will try and share my experiences with you all. With any luck, I will have the opportunity to provide some more data for us in the form of dynos.

I chose the MTD option for two reasons. Firstly, they seem to be pushing the envelope hard with some interesting results. Did you know they have a 1.4MA car that does the 100-200kph run in 7.8 seconds? Secondly, there are enough EC, Tork and (some) Open Flash data points, I thought I would try and add a newer one to our data set. I am not sure how it will work out remotely once mods start to get heavier, but we will see!

At this stage I am still stock engine (with Record Monza) and I have a Madness intake sitting around waiting to be fitted. I will spring for a full exhaust next.

Just waiting on final price and shipping details from MTD now, hopefully we get some movement soon.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They never got back to me after our initial conversation, I contacted them a couple of times to check up and nada. A little disappointing to say the least.

I have decided to move the car on after spending some time with the C63 last week. I'm a little tired of waiting for a good tuning set up and the C63 was a barrel of laughs! Different beast of course.

The Abarth is a great platform though, thoroughly enjoyed it!

·
Registered
151 Posts
+1 for a C63!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts