Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wonder if that is a soft or hard top? I would be concerned with the factory roll over protection when the car flips like that.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
What did he expect driving like that...

Looks like the soft top and glad to see our chassis has decent roll over protection.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Future Darwin Award candidate...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He get ticket from the police, dangerously driving. Approximately US $200 according news.

It looks soft top, it is much more stronger than i thought

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I am glad he walked away, I hope he has learned his lesson from his stupidity. If I were his car insurance, I would not pay for the car loss.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
For anyone who's ever driven in Turkey, this wouldn't come as a surprise. They look at driving as a combat sport, and the sights I've seen still make me shudder. If there are any Turk members here on the board, I apologize but I call 'em as I see 'em, and I found that driving there is in my top three list of dangerous places to be in a vehicle on this planet.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
For anyone who's ever driven in Turkey, this wouldn't come as a surprise. They look at driving as a combat sport, and the sights I've seen still make me shudder. If there are any Turk members here on the board, I apologize but I call 'em as I see 'em, and I found that driving there is in my top three list of dangerous places to be in a vehicle on this planet.
Careful there CDpond, Murat is from Turkey, he's the one supplying our Steering Wheel badges. >:)
I worry more on Scotters when I go to Italy, these guys are killers.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am Turkish 🙂 I am dealing with US people everyday because of my business.
Both countries are really unique for each other 🙂

·
Registered
267 Posts
doubt it was the softtop supporting the car and thinking the hoops. but either way, glad to see it held up.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts

I shouldn't pipe in, but being Puerto Rican I can attest we can keep up with the Turks. Three hands are a must to drive at home. One for driving, one for the horn, and the third to show the finger, lol.0:)0:)

·
Registered
435 Posts
I’m on my cellphone and can’t see exactly how this happened. Was the Audi traveling unusually slow as well as the Miata speeding trying to pass the truck on the inside or was it all the Miata driving at some crazy speed?

It looked like the Miata clips the Audi which causes the flip. If so then why does the Audi drive off without stopping for insurance or to check on the people. Is that normal in Turkey?

TheSalamander

·
Registered
791 Posts
I’m on my cellphone and can’t see exactly how this happened. Was the Audi traveling unusually slow as well as the Miata speeding trying to pass the truck on the inside or was it all the Miata driving at some crazy speed?

It looked like the Miata clips the Audi which causes the flip. If so then why does the Audi drive off without stopping for insurance or to check on the people. Is that normal in Turkey?

TheSalamander
Unfortunately we only see the 2 or 3 seconds before the contact, but it seems to me as if the truck, trailing vehicle, and MX-5 are all traveling significantly faster that the Audi. My hunch is that the MX-5 was aggressively attempting to navigate through other traffic and was surprised by the slow moving Audi.

Clearly the fault lies with the MX-5, but he'd have gotten away with it except for that lumbering Audi.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
I am Turkish 🙂 I am dealing with US people everyday because of my business.
Both countries are really unique for each other 🙂
True enough. And we all tend to be comfortable with the driving conditions in our home locations because we're used to them. When we experience something that's not "normal" to us, it can be disconcerting. It's a beautiful country Murat (I know I don't need to tell you). Lots of wonderful historical sites, great cuisine, and friendly people. Besides, I'm a pistachio, hot jumbo pretzel, fig and Turkish delight junkie, so I was in snack food heaven when I was there. Best regards.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts

I spend a lot of time in Turkey....and the driving is "spirited".

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
I'm glad the guy was OK, and glad it wasn't a 124. I haven't been to Turkey, but I fly over it all the time, and the air traffic controllers seem professional.

Greg

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
I'm glad the guy was OK, and glad it wasn't a 124. I haven't been to Turkey, but I fly over it all the time, and the air traffic controllers seem professional.

Greg
You really need to drop in sometime. Istanbul for sure (the touristy things like the covered bazaar, the hippodrome, the blue mosque, Hagia Sophia, and the underground water cistern caverns (Basilica Cistern)... and on the other side of the Bosphoros, you can still visit the terminus station for the Orient Express. Then if you have some time for traveling in-country, Ephesus, the Zeugma Mosaic Museum, Topkapi Palace, the Cappadocia region, Aspendos Roman Theatre, etc. As someone who lives in a part of Canada that anything over 100 years old is considered as a heritage site, to be able to walk on a street with cart wheel grooves made two thousand years ago is mind-boggling. It really deserves taking time to see all of what it has to offer. And a word of caution... just because you buy one carpet doesn't mean the sellers will stop hassling you... they'll suggest you show it to them and trade it in on something even better. lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts