Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Seems like to the windshield framing held the car up . That’s pretty impressive . My factory hoops were barely welded on .

·
Registered
733 Posts
What an idiot...millennials need to realize that you can't actually drive on the street like you can on Grand Theft Auto...

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Respect the millenials, old man! Lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
What an idiot...millennials need to realize that you can't actually drive on the street like you can on Grand Theft Auto...
Well....you can....but this happens.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
so, what is the name of this video in English? perhaps Idiot meets Inertia?
For cheap entertainment, I ran the title and poster comment below it using translate.google.com, and this is the end result. Hopefully in Turkish it reads more sensibly than Google's literal translation. Here goes...

FSM'da horror moments in the camera: scissors tossed by throwing the car survived

Saver
Demirören News Agency
Published on Jan 11, 2019
Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge on the bridge by throwing a scissor car, passing through the car after hitting the truck with the driver to check somehow overturned. After a few days on the drifting car, the driver survived by chance. He moments from the rear of the camera in a second car was reflected seconds.

The incident occurred recently on the Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge at night. 34 LB 5301 plate by moving the scissors, the car passing through the truck and the driver topple to check out. Reverse car, after a while drifted. The driver crawled out of the window with his own means. Luckily, the driver drove away from his crashing vehicle.

He moments from the rear of the camera in a second car was reflected seconds.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
so, what is the name of this video in English? perhaps Idiot meets Inertia?
For cheap entertainment, I ran the title and poster comment below it using translate.google.com, and this is the end result. Hopefully in Turkish it reads more sensibly than Google's literal translation. Here goes...

FSM'da horror moments in the camera: scissors tossed by throwing the car survived

Saver
Demirören News Agency
Published on Jan 11, 2019
Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge on the bridge by throwing a scissor car, passing through the car after hitting the truck with the driver to check somehow overturned. After a few days on the drifting car, the driver survived by chance. He moments from the rear of the camera in a second car was reflected seconds.

The incident occurred recently on the Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge at night. 34 LB 5301 plate by moving the scissors, the car passing through the truck and the driver topple to check out. Reverse car, after a while drifted. The driver crawled out of the window with his own means. Luckily, the driver drove away from his crashing vehicle.

He moments from the rear of the camera in a second car was reflected seconds.
“Scissors” wrong translation. “Makas atmak” it means lane changing dangerously

·
Registered
127 Posts
For anyone who's ever driven in Turkey, this wouldn't come as a surprise. They look at driving as a combat sport, and the sights I've seen still make me shudder. If there are any Turk members here on the board, I apologize but I call 'em as I see 'em, and I found that driving there is in my top three list of dangerous places to be in a vehicle on this planet.
What are the other 2 countries?

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
What are the other 2 countries?
This will likely just get me in more trouble, but my other two are India and Bolivia. Even the landmine signs by the roads in Cambodia didn't bother me as much as some of the trips in these places. As others have noted, maybe I'm just too timid as a North American driver. lol

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
“Scissors” wrong translation. “Makas atmak” it means lane changing dangerously
Thanks... that does make much more sense. A good example of why online language translation programs can be problematic.

·
Registered
220 Posts
For anyone who's ever driven in Turkey, this wouldn't come as a surprise. They look at driving as a combat sport, and the sights I've seen still make me shudder. If there are any Turk members here on the board, I apologize but I call 'em as I see 'em, and I found that driving there is in my top three list of dangerous places to be in a vehicle on this planet.
I was in Turkey with a family vacation years ago. I don't remember ANY traffic signals. Seems everyone heads for intersections and only the strong survive.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My Turkish Friend,
Do you know what this shows? That when it comes to driving stupidity Turkish drivers rank right along with California drivers (My State). This proves we are one people, one world. I watched that video and it reminded me of my early morning commute. I wonder if that guy got a head rash from his head sliding on the pavement?

·
Registered
46 Posts
You really need to drop in sometime. Istanbul for sure (the touristy things like the covered bazaar, the hippodrome, the blue mosque, Hagia Sophia, and the underground water cistern caverns (Basilica Cistern)... and on the other side of the Bosphoros, you can still visit the terminus station for the Orient Express. Then if you have some time for traveling in-country, Ephesus, the Zeugma Mosaic Museum, Topkapi Palace, the Cappadocia region, Aspendos Roman Theatre, etc. As someone who lives in a part of Canada that anything over 100 years old is considered as a heritage site, to be able to walk on a street with cart wheel grooves made two thousand years ago is mind-boggling. It really deserves taking time to see all of what it has to offer. And a word of caution... just because you buy one carpet doesn't mean the sellers will stop hassling you... they'll suggest you show it to them and trade it in on something even better. lol
I would live to go to Turkey and see all those things. Truly where east meets west. I often hear about how beautiful Turkey is.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Idiot. My wife is Turkish so i spend a lot of time there. Agree on the drivers are racin fools and agree the sites are not to be missed in your lifetime. I'll add the marmaris region and the amazing Rivers there with clear water and large blue fish and green seaweed flowing. A boat trip down one of those Rivers is the closest you will ever come to being in a dr seuss book irl. Azmak

·
Registered
610 Posts
That driver was asking for it.

The MX-5 that flipped and the vehicle recording the incident appear to have been traveling together. Wonder it the Mazda driver was trying to show off.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts