Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Abarth
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a light for the storage box from I.L. Motorsport http://www.ilmotorsport.com/shop/article_detail.php5?aid=6743 , and installed the Mazda Console Shelf Net (NA1P V0 540) in place of the very good MX5Things Central Console Shelf https://store.mx5things.com/item/mx-5-2016-cubby-shelf-covered-with-felt .

I had wanted the light and thought the net would be good for allowing some light to pass through to the contents below. The netting is dense enough that even when empty it doesn’t really allow much light to pass. I’ll keep it though: a good spot to keep the cloth for cleaning sunglasses, and it unsnaps easily enough to occasionally, when necessary, use the light for the contents of the larger area below.

So: lightly used shelf with black felt option yours for five bucks and a self-addressed postage-paid envelope. 10 x 4 1/8 x ¼, just under 4 oz.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2017 Abarth
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Dan, I remember reading your post a few years ago and ordering those lights. I use them in my mailbox and under the fold-out panel on my roof-top tent, but not in the cubby. I imagine it will be years before I have to give a thought to the battery in this light.

I do prefer the net shelf primarily for its storage pocket and because it's flexible for reaching into the larger area below. I'm also sensitive to rattles in there, so I don't think the acrylic would suit me.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth 124 Spider
41 Posts
I added a light for the storage box from I.L. Motorsport MX-5 LED Innenbeleuchtung Klappe , and installed the Mazda Console Shelf Net (NA1P V0 540) in place of the very good MX5Things Central Console Shelf Central Console Shelf .

I had wanted the light and thought the net would be good for allowing some light to pass through to the contents below. The netting is dense enough that even when empty it doesn’t really allow much light to pass. I’ll keep it though: a good spot to keep the cloth for cleaning sunglasses, and it unsnaps easily enough to occasionally, when necessary, use the light for the contents of the larger area below.

View attachment 74318

View attachment 74319

So: lightly used shelf with black felt option yours for five bucks and a self-addressed postage-paid envelope. 10 x 4 1/8 x ¼, just under 4 oz.

View attachment 74320
Annoying that I'm in the UK... I need one of these, but shipping is insanely expensive!

·
Registered
2017 Abarth 124 Spider
41 Posts
I added a light for the storage box from I.L. Motorsport MX-5 LED Innenbeleuchtung Klappe , and installed the Mazda Console Shelf Net (NA1P V0 540) in place of the very good MX5Things Central Console Shelf Central Console Shelf .

View attachment 74318

View attachment 74319

View attachment 74320
Annoying that I'm in the UK... I need one of these, but shipping is insanely expensive!

I mean the shelf, thanks though!

·
Registered
2017 Lusso
18 Posts
So I bought the shelf from MX5 and for the life of me can't figure out how to slide it in without scratching the sides all to bits. Anyone have any tips from when they installed it? Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 124 Spider Abarth
45 Posts
So I bought the shelf from MX5 and for the life of me can't figure out how to slide it in without scratching the sides all to bits. Anyone have any tips from when they installed it? Thanks!
I had the same issue... kept thinking it was going to tear something up. I kept working it (without any forcing), and eventually it just popped right in. I don't remember any specifics, just that it was easier than I expected once it did go.

·
Registered
2018 124 Abarth
46 Posts

I mean the shelf, thanks though!
Try ordering the shelf from a Chinese seller off of eBay. I got mine that way. eBay shipping might be free or a lot more reasonable,

·
Registered
2017, Fiat Spider 124, Abarth
353 Posts
This came from 12Forza in the UK. LED light can be included...which I did. This replaced my three year old shelf which did the job, but is now improved upon with the lip around three sides, the light, and yeah...it just looks much better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts