Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone recently been able to add their 124 to the "My Fiat" android app? You should be able to use it to log service you have done to the car or access a digital version of the manual but I haven't been able to add or see my car. It's just a blank screen that tells me "There are no vehicles in your account". There are no other buttons to click to add a car. Have they abandoned the app or have I done something wrong? What am I missing?

edit:
It seems my phone (with android 12) can't actually find the real "My Fiat" app anywhere in the play store! Although I can find it using my PC, all I can see is the "Fiat" app when using my phone and that's the one I ended up installing. Can anyone confirm that My Fiat is defunct?

· Registered
2,168 Posts
Has anyone recently been able to add their 124 to the "My Fiat" android app? You should be able to use it to log service you have done to the car or access a digital version of the manual but I haven't been able to add or see my car. It's just a blank screen that tells me "There are no vehicles in your account". There are no other buttons to click to add a car. Have they abandoned the app or have I done something wrong? What am I missing?

edit:
It seems my phone (with android 12) can't actually find the real "My Fiat" app anywhere in the play store! Although I can find it using my PC, all I can see is the "Fiat" app when using my phone and that's the one I ended up installing. Can anyone confirm that My Fiat is defunct?
You don't need an app !!!!
Just log in here......

· Registered
2019 Abarth 124 Spider: Hypnotique Red, Rd/Bk Abarth Sport Seats, 6MT, Brembo,Visibility,Navi & Bose
71 Posts

edit:
Did you purchase the vehicle new?

· Premium Member
2020 Fiat 124 Abarth, manual, Chiaro Silver
268 Posts
Just tried to go on the My Fiat site from my home based PC. When selecting my country (US), gave me a "Service Temporarily Unavailable" screen.

· Registered
2017 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth, fully loaded from the factory, with just a wee bit of aftermarket mods.
3,539 Posts
Well, for entertainment value, I downloaded and installed the app on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10 running Android 10. Allows installation okay, and I was able to create an account. When I verified it with my email, it took me to a MOPAR site. Bad news is that it doesn't show my vehicle, nor does it provide an option to add it myself. It's looking like this is something that may have to be done by the dealer (or a dealer). The good news is that the same MOPAR site did provide access to all the manuals for my vehicle. You just have to add the year, manufacturer, model and what type of manual and then you can download the .pdf. Here's a link to the Canadian site, but the US version should be similar. Official Mopar Site | Sign In or Register Under the "my vehicle" column, just click on the owner manual option and that will take you to a page where you can select and download the .pdf's.

Related aside. Although I'd set up an account with the Fiat app, when I got redirected on my computer desktop, the MOPAR site didn't accept the username and password I'd used in the Android Fiat app. So you have to create a new account there as well, but when you go to do so, it's starts blathering on about the first step being to go to your uConnect system to initiate the process. And since our vehicles don't use uConnect, it seems this app might only be set up for later 500 users. Speculation on my part. Regardless, I've now purged the app from my phone as it appears mostly useless (for me at least).

I've always had .pdf's of the owner manuals for both the car, and a separate one for the infotainment system. I keep copies on my phone for reference when I'm on road trips. It doesn't address the service logging you're looking for, but I go old school and track that and my paperwork from the completion of the work in a binder in my study. Hope this helps a bit till you get the app sorted out.

Reactions: HumanSpider

· Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
2,237 Posts
Well mine worked perfect last week, but now the picture of the spider is missing. Also can’t set up any maintenance. Luckily I do my own maintenance and it’s still saved.

· Registered
2017 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth, fully loaded from the factory, with just a wee bit of aftermarket mods.
3,539 Posts
Well mine worked perfect last week, but now the picture of the spider is missing. Also can’t set up any maintenance. Luckily I do my own maintenance and it’s still saved.
So aside from downloading the app and creating a user profile (and completing the email validation), do you remember what you did to get your Spider added in the app? And to confirm, are you talking about the Android app, or the desktop version?

· Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
2,237 Posts
Apple app, both my Dakota and Abarth are on it. I believe what you described was all that was required for the initialization of the app and addition of the vehicles. There is definitely something wrong with it lately.

· Registered
28 Posts

edit:
I would suggest caution when recording maintenance on manufacturer's apps.
My wife's car is a VW (sorry about that) which has a digital record of maintenance. However in the UK VW decided unilaterally to discontinue the system and any maintenance records were lost.
You can't beat good old fashioned paper.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hi all. Thank you for the responses. I wrote to the developer of the app and told them that it does nothing past it's splash page. Later I got an update from Fiat about their app in the play store:

"Hi Human Spider, thanks for reaching out to us. We are aware of this issue and apologize for any inconvenience. Rest assured, our development team is working on a fix to resolve this matter as soon as possible. Please continue using your existing owner’s app in the meantime and stay tuned for updates. Your patience is appreciated. ~Rob"
It seems they're aware and working on the problem, or it could be a PR response as a fancy way to say we'll get it done the next day after "never". They've issued the same response to others.

I bought the car used and got an extended FCA warranty from the dealership. One of the conditions of the warranty is that I must keep up with maintenance. For the cars that I owned previously, I simply brought them to a dealership and let them update the car's records. I want to do basic work on the car myself and I was hoping an official Fiat app would help prove to FCA this work was done as it would show up in their system if they ever looked it up. Is it enough proof to FCA that I have done this maintenance work if I keep a personal log book of my work with stapled receipts of supplies used like engine oil or coolant? In the unlikely event that I sell the car is it enough for prospective buyers? I will probably set up "check ups" for the car regardless at an official Fiat dealership and let them do tire rotations and change my MT transmission fluid.

edit:
FCA: why haven't you done an oil change after 50,000 km?
Me: I've been doing them I swear to god

· Registered
3,539 Posts
Hi all. Thank you for the responses. I wrote to the developer of the app and told them that it does nothing past it's splash page. Later I got an update from Fiat about their app in the play store:
It seems they're aware and working on the problem, or it could be a PR response as a fancy way to say we'll get it done the next day after "never". They've issued the same response to others.
I bought the car used and got an extended FCA warranty from the dealership. One of the conditions of the warranty is that I must keep up with maintenance. For the cars that I owned previously, I simply brought them to a dealership and let them update the car's records. I want to do basic work on the car myself and I was hoping an official Fiat app would help prove to FCA this work was done as it would show up in their system if they ever looked it up. Is it enough proof to FCA that I have done this maintenance work if I keep a personal log book of my work with stapled receipts of supplies used like engine oil or coolant? In the unlikely event that I sell the car is it enough for prospective buyers? I will probably set up "check ups" for the car regardless at an official Fiat dealership and let them do tire rotations and change my MT transmission fluid.
edit:
FCA: why haven't you done an oil change after 50,000 km?
Me: I've been doing them I swear to god
Food for thought... but since I don't know who your dealership is, what I'm going to mention may or may not work for you.

When I purchased my vehicle, I also purchased a pre-paid oil and filter package for 10 changes. They did the first one, and I've done all the ones since then (I used the last materials this past fall before I put the Spider under cover for the winter).

I go to the drive through service lane, mention to the service rep that I'm there to pick up my oil and filter, and a few minutes later they're back out with my box of supplies. I then do the change, and bring back the used supplies and they take them back for disposal/recycling. They then enter the oil and filter change in their system to record that it's been performed, along with the recorded odometer reading, If you have a good relationship with your service team, this might be something you could do as well. Buy your oil and filter from them, and get them to record the change as being completed. After all, why would you buy the materials and not use them, right? If you're planning on doing more than oil and filter changes, that then gets a bit trickier. I keep a maintenance log book, and a binder with all my receipts for materials and work performed by others. It wouldn't hurt to take photos showing any other work you've performed as back-up (the image file metadata will reflect date and time of the image creation). That all said, I don't think you'd be able to enter work you'd performed in the app and have it recorded as official service work. Speculation on my part, but I would expect the dealer would have to update your vehicle records tied to your VIN. When I looked at the app, it seemed to me that you could use it to book service, and the app would show the records of what had been done. I didn't see an option to enter your own work, but I may have missed that.

Reactions: HumanSpider

· Registered
3,539 Posts
Apple app, both my Dakota and Abarth are on it. I believe what you described was all that was required for the initialization of the app and addition of the vehicles. There is definitely something wrong with it lately.
Thank you for the intel. Much appreciated. Once folks say the app is working properly again, I may give it a second go and see what all shows up in it for me.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Food for thought... but since I don't know who your dealership is, what I'm going to mention may or may not work for you.

When I purchased my vehicle, I also purchased a pre-paid oil and filter package for 10 changes. They did the first one, and I've done all the ones since then (I used the last materials this past fall before I put the Spider under cover for the winter).

I go to the drive through service lane, mention to the service rep that I'm there to pick up my oil and filter, and a few minutes later they're back out with my box of supplies. I then do the change, and bring back the used supplies and they take them back for disposal/recycling. They then enter the oil and filter change in their system to record that it's been performed, along with the recorded odometer reading, If you have a good relationship with your service team, this might be something you could do as well. Buy your oil and filter from them, and get them to record the change as being completed. After all, why would you buy the materials and not use them, right? If you're planning on doing more than oil and filter changes, that then gets a bit trickier. I keep a maintenance log book, and a binder with all my receipts for materials and work performed by others. It wouldn't hurt to take photos showing any other work you've performed as back-up (the image file metadata will reflect date and time of the image creation). That all said, I don't think you'd be able to enter work you'd performed in the app and have it recorded as official service work. Speculation on my part, but I would expect the dealer would have to update your vehicle records tied to your VIN. When I looked at the app, it seemed to me that you could use it to book service, and the app would show the records of what had been done. I didn't see an option to enter your own work, but I may have missed that.
Thanks for the response. That's a good idea. I could try and work something out like that with my Fiat dealer here and ask them to update the car's records that way

1 - 15 of 15 Posts