Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Russo Red Abarth yesterday, in a rain storm no less raining for the rest of the day, I did put quite a few miles driving around and showing the kids and grandkids. Today, pretty much the same, rain and more rain so I though lets do some of the mods I had planned for ever since placing the order for the car.

First thing was to drive over to my daughter's house and picked up a grandson A.K.A. 6 of 11, so I would have a helper. We installed the GFB DV+, EUROCOMPULSION V4 intake I did a quick engine fire up to make everything worked and no warning lights. With the engine compartment still in disarray, we did the PTP Turbo Solutions turbo blanket and tided up the engine bay.

Next it was time for some bling! Mopar Abarth fender badges & black chrome stainless plate surround and black chrome Abarth tire air valve caps. Please excuse the dirty car, driving in the rain makes dirty, who knew, LOL.

A test drive while taken said grandson home showed the engine mods all worked and no issues with improved drivability.

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
nice brembos... and did you do a butt dyno pull with the new intake?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still taking it easy on the engine till I get over 500 miles.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The mods and the car looks great!

One bit of advice on your V4 intake. There is an alignment pin on the turbo inlet that is used on the assembly line instillation. You can, and maybe should, pull that out with a pliers so the EC tube can fit flush against the turbo.

Do you have any plans to run autocross in your Abarth?

Reactions: Seagas

·
Vendor
3,657 Posts
Love your car, Red with Brembos! It's good to hear that your grandson helped out with the work. Coincidentally, I also had my grandson helping in the shop yesterday. It would appear that you received the new Kevtek V4. I think we are going to announce that product officially next week. It seems that manufacturing and shipping got a bit ahead of advertising and sales. That happens sometimes. In any case, it's a good upgrade. Also, I like to remove that plastic piece that goes around the battery. That helps the V4 fit a little better, and that plastic piece does nothing but get in they way when you need to remove the battery.

You and your grandson did a great job with the installations. The bling stuff looks great.

Greg

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The mods and the car looks great!

One bit of advice on your V4 intake. There is an alignment pin on the turbo inlet that is used on the assembly line instillation. You can, and maybe should, pull that out with a pliers so the EC tube can fit flush against the turbo.

Do you have any plans to run autocross in your Abarth?
Thanks for the tip, I wasn't sure that I could pull that out.
No I have no plans on any autocrosses at this time.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love your car, Red with Brembos! It's good to hear that your grandson helped out with the work. Coincidentally, I also had my grandson helping in the shop yesterday. It would appear that you received the new Kevtek V4. I think we are going to announce that product officially next week. It seems that manufacturing and shipping got a bit ahead of advertising and sales. That happens sometimes. In any case, it's a good upgrade. Also, I like to remove that plastic piece that goes around the battery. That helps the V4 fit a little better, and that plastic piece does nothing but get in they way when you need to remove the battery.

You and your grandson did a great job with the installations. The bling stuff looks great.

Greg
Thanks Greg, I broke off that plastic part where it came into contact on the inlet. I am thinking about going to a lightweight lithium 480 battery. Maybe that would allow enough room to remove the oil filter as well as reduce a lot of weight from the nose. I'll be parking the car over winter months so not to worried about cold starting.

I sure wish someone would come out with a oil filter relocation kit.

Greg, the V4 kit was quite nice, but lacked any installation instructions, so I searched the forums here, I used a combination of the V2 installation guide and the photo from your latest V4 connections.

Cheers, Chris

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Chris:

The installation instructions are on our site here: http://eurocompulsion.net/V4INSTALLFIAT124.pdf and we answer email and the phone to provide support. I am glad you were able to install it based on other instructions and photos. That's pretty impressive.

Greg
Thanks Greg, looking at the instructions, looks like I did it correctly :)
I was an auto and diesel mechanic many decades ago ;)

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Looks great! Love the hood lifts...almost first mod I made.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nice brembos... and did you do a butt dyno pull with the new intake?
Okay I've got nearly 700 miles on her and been having more fun. Found the speed the car can go in a round-about before entering a rear wheel drift, 45MPH, scared the heck out of the co-pilot :D

Good to see I haven't lost my winter driving skills, counter steer while slowly letting up on the go pedal and made my turn. This car just is a blast to drive aggressive, so little body roll, just have to learn to keep my RPMs up. It's been awhile since I've had a small displacement turbo, my super-charged Jag XF has zero lag.

Reactions: DanRodemsky

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks great! Love the hood lifts...almost first mod I made.
Yep, I should have done them first as well, would have made the other engine mods easier to do :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
When I had bought this car, I had ordered lots of little bling but wasn't sure what I was going use and as most of it came across the Pacific at various times it was first come first serve for the car :)

Anyway, the four round Abarth hub covers were ordered to go over the steering wheel Fiat badge but I have decided not use them. I had ordered a pair of the Powered by Abarth badges to go where the Abarth fender badges went, so they lost their place.

So if you want any of these at no cost, send me a shelf addressed envelope with postage and I will drop it off in the mail for you.

PM me for my address.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
what a deal!

When had bough this car, I had ordered lots of little bling for not sure what I was going use and as most of it came across the Pacific at various times it was first come first serve for the car :)

Anyway, the four round Abarth hub covers were ordered to go over the steering wheel Fiat badge but I have decided not use them. I had ordered a pair of the Powered by Abarth badges to go where the Abarth fender badges went, so they lost their place.

So if you want any of these at no cost, send me a shelf addressed envelope with postage and I will drop it off in the mail for you.

PM me for my address.

Nice offer @Seagas...Someone will scoop these up quickly.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Today's update, added coco mats, black with red flecks and rubber backed, and clear rear wind breaker.

Attachments

Reactions: sharkcohen

·
Registered
676 Posts
Today's update, added coco mats, black with red flecks and rubber backed, and clear rear wind breaker.

Bought the same ones, they have been great. I like the pop of color as well!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bought the same ones, they have been great. I like the pop of color as well!
Thanks Bulldog, I was thinking about the checkerboard ones, but with my red car, they were too red. These are a little subtle :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts